multi- well glass tiles

A general discussion and Q & A forum.
malook
State/Location: NSW

multi- well glass tiles

Post by malook »

Does anyone know where to buy multi- well glass tiles for precipitation reactions. I have a few old ones but their numbers are diminishing.
I also tried white ceramic ones used for art/painting but they are not good for white precipitates.
I have also looked up blood bank/serology ones, but they don't suit either. I would appreciate some suggestions. thanks Malook
smeee
Job Title: Lab Technician
School: LaSalle Catholic College
Suburb: Bankstown

Re: multi- well glass tiles

Post by smeee »

Serrata has these - not glass but clear - also out of stock :-(

http://www.chemtalk.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=451/products/sear ... ting+plate

You can also use an OHP sheet over a grid (if that makes sense)
ferret

Post by ferret »

Hi, I have typed the chemicals up in a table format and laminated it (10 copies). Just wipe them clean and ready for the next group and next year. :D
melsid
Job Title: Lab Rat
School: PHS

Post by melsid »

Hi, we have typed up the table and printed it onto clear overhead projector transparency film. Works brilliantly! I'm using some here that are several years old and still going strong.
Lyn_Ludwick

Post by Lyn_Ludwick »

I use a large grid paper sheet with 2cm grids that the students can write their reactants on and then they use the square under the reactants to do the reaction. The top half can be white squares and the bottom half can have black squares (for white precipitates). This grid paper in inserted into a plastic sleeve and they can put their chemicals (one or two drops) on the plastic sleeve. The whole thing can be wiped clean with a tissue. The grid paper is printed with an online grid paper program.
malook

Post by malook »

Thanks to you all for your ideas I have tried most of those methods and was looking for something more permanent. An overhead which is suctioned into wells via some sort of vacuum controlled device would be perfect but alas, beyond my humble capabilities. :rolleyes:
linotas
State/Location: TAS

Post by linotas »

We made up a grid sheet with chem names across the top and down the side (so you can colour the appropriate square for the appropriate light or dark precipitate) and laminated them. They get used every year with the precipitates either wiped off or rinsed down the drain (they are all attached to chem sumps)
LeeBee
State/Location: WA

Post by LeeBee »

Here is a precipitation table designed by one of my predecessors. Just laminated paper (good quality laminating film) they have lasted at least 6 years so far. The half black half white circle means just one test. Cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shell1
Job Title: lab assistant
School: SJBC
Suburb: Engadine

Post by Shell1 »

tuesday
Job Title: Lab Tech
State/Location: ACT

Post by tuesday »

Try haines for the clear well tiles, they do 12 and they always good to go with their stock.
malook

Post by malook »

I just stumbled over what I was looking for at Silform under Porcelain ware, spot test plates!