Safety Glasses Storage

A general discussion and Q & A forum.
Smithy73
State/Location: NSW

Safety Glasses Storage

Post by Smithy73 »

Morning All,

Currently I have our safety glasses stored in A3 reflex boxes in each lab with home made dividers (strong - out of real estate signs) but this system does not work as well as I would like.

How do you currently store your glasses?

Any suggestions appreciated.

Have a great week.
Milo
State/Location: ACT

Re: Safety Glasses Storage

Post by Milo »

Our students have their own glasses labelled, and stored in A4 paper boxes by class in a central location (the prep room). When teachers need glasses for a prac they take their class box along with their prac equipment. Kids then fish their own glasses out of the box.
Kerrin
School: Hastings Secondary College
Suburb: Port Macquarie

Post by Kerrin »

Hello, I bought plastic see through shoe organisers (the one with pockets) that you hang on the back of the doors. Being see through you can see at a glance if any are missing and helps prevent them from getting scratched. Works really well for us.
melsid
Job Title: Lab Rat
School: PHS

Post by melsid »

We bought the foam inserts for safety glasses that are designed to fit into the gratnells boxes. They fit perfectly into some of our old timber drawers and help protect the glasses. You can also see at a glance if any are missing.
Merilyn1
Job Title: Labbie
School: Wollondilly Anglican College
Suburb: Tahmoor

Post by Merilyn1 »

Wooden storage racks on the wall of the lab. Pretty sure they are the ones from Haines. They get re-used here and I stick them through the dishwasher from time to time.
I'd love it if the students had their own and had the responsibility of bringing them for each prac!
Smithy73

Post by Smithy73 »

Morning All,

I've just looked up the Gratnells inserts and they look great, paired with some plastic tubs from Bunnings and I could have a great set up...got me thinking now..

Thanks for all the advice.