TAFE one day course

A general discussion and Q & A forum.
Slartibartfast
State/Location: QLD

TAFE one day course

Post by Slartibartfast »

Hello again.
I was wondering if any Labbies are considering attending the TAFE "Introduction to Data Loggers for Laboratory Support Staff" at Bankstown TAFE on either Tuesday 26th June or Wednesday 27th from the Central Coast. HT Science would like me to attend, so I was looking at possibly car pooling (mine or otherwise) with others intending on going. I don't think it's going to be held elsewhere on another date, but let me know if you know otherwise. Sydney traffic - I can live without it! Has anyone else attended this course held by Edward Zakrzewski? Considered worthwhile?

Regards
Richard
Lis
Job Title: Laboratory Technician
School: Central Coast Grammar
Suburb: Erina Heights
State/Location: NSW

Post by Lis »

Hi Richard,
Please ignore my PM, Do you have more info on the course, my HT would like me to attend too, cost , time etc, and I would be intersted in car pooling with you, makes travelling easier, anyway, :-) any info you have would be greatly appreciated, thanks again
regards
Lisa
Slartibartfast

Post by Slartibartfast »

Perfect, I live close by. The 1 day course is on Tuesday 26th June and wednesday the 27th of June. I'm happy to go either day that suits you or anyone else, if you choose to attend, it goes from 9am to 4pm. Cost is $285.00 (!) and includes notes and lunch. Your school may have T & D funding to cover it. Email edward.zakrzewski@tafensw.edu.au or phone on (02) 97805583 or I can fax you the forms if you supply your fax number. Sounds like a very worthwhile course, plenty of positive feedback from those that have attended in the past. We're getting our data loggers up to spec at the moment and our teachers aren't that keen on using the technology but this WILL change. Good timing of behalf of the TAFE I say. Let me know what you think! :D

Regards
Richard Hollinworth
Presto

Post by Presto »

Hi Richard
Can i get a copy of the forms please my fax number is 43931157.
If i am able to go i would also be interested in car pooling.
Thanks Mary
Slartibartfast

Post by Slartibartfast »

No problem Mary, I'll send them this morning.

Regards
Richard
Labbie
Job Title: Retired
Suburb: At Home

Post by Labbie »

Would also love a copy of the course our fax number is 9823 7662

Thank You
Regards Labbie

Lab Manager/Lab Tech, mind reading etc etc
Now retired :wub:
Slartibartfast

Post by Slartibartfast »

No problem Sue, I'll send them this morning. :-)

Richard
Labbie
Job Title: Retired
Suburb: At Home

Post by Labbie »

COuld you please send again, we never received them.

Thank You
Regards Labbie

Lab Manager/Lab Tech, mind reading etc etc
Now retired :wub:
Slartibartfast

Post by Slartibartfast »

Sorry Sue, my single copy has now been filled out and sent to TAFE NSW. Email edward.zakrzewski@tafensw.edu.au or phone on (02) 97805583 to obtain the application forms for the Data Logger one day course.

Regards
Richard
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Hi everyone,
To have any use from this course you should have newer model (last year) of data logger (data harvest) only, I was there last year, but not much use as I have old model
Cheers Jazz
Slartibartfast

Post by Slartibartfast »

We have Logit Datameter 1000's. Do you think their too old for this course to be relevant? Let me know as it's too expensive to waste money on if I'm not going to get anything from it!!! Thanks for the advice - I assumed it was for all data loggers.
Last edited by Slartibartfast on 14 May 2007, 12:28, edited 1 time in total.
Richard Hollinworth
Disease diagnosis and extension services
DPI&F
Biosecurity Sciences Laboratory
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

I do not know, last year only Data Harvest was used. Maybe they changed something this year, better contact them and see.
Cheers Jazz
Slartibartfast

Re: TAFE one day course

Post by Slartibartfast »

I have just received confirmation from the powers that be that I will not be attending the Data Logger course at Bankstown TAFE on the 26th June. The course was just too expensive for a single day and our data loggers too old for the course to be relevant! Unfortunantly that blows out the window of car pooling with fellow labbies from here on the Central Coast. Sorry Guys, gotta do what I'm told! :-(
Richard Hollinworth
Disease diagnosis and extension services
DPI&F
Biosecurity Sciences Laboratory