Omega Stock Control

A general discussion and Q & A forum.
SueH
State/Location: VIC

Omega Stock Control

Post by SueH »

Hi All,

Sue from Victoria here with a question. Does anyone yse the above program for their stock records? I know Omegs worked with several Lab Techs in SA last year regarding the new version. I have a copy and am finding it generally good but would be interested in communicating with others that use it and are more than likely to be more familar with what can and cannot be done.
Cheers
Sue
Sue Henderson
Laboratory Technician
Cleeland Campus - Dandenong H.S.
Dandenong 3175
VIC
ph: (03) 8792 7200
fax: (03) 9791 3220
Marjan
State/Location: NSW

Stock Control

Post by Marjan »

Hi;
I have a comprehensive inventory for everything we have in our labs and prep rooms. I update the inventories anytime I buy new stuff on my computer and print them out for each prep room at the end of each term (this copy kept in prep rooms just in case if I'm away and someone has an urgent need) I wonder what other schools do to keep their stock updated? Do you use a software to keep your stock? I've heard about Omega Stock Control and like to know if it's efficient and worth paying for that? Any comments welcome.
Thanks
Marjan
Labbie
Job Title: Retired
Suburb: At Home
State/Location: NSW

Post by Labbie »

We have ours on Spread Sheet. I am the only Labbie here, so if i take some thing out of the Chem Store, I write it down, and edit the Chemical Register. Once a year I do a Chemical stock of our Chem store only, incase I forgot to edit the register. So far after 5 years this works very well. I of course edit when a delivery arrives with Chemical in it.

Regards
Regards Labbie

Lab Manager/Lab Tech, mind reading etc etc
Now retired :wub: