A general discussion and Q & A forum.
Labbie
Job Title: Retired
Suburb: At Home
State/Location: NSW

Clean Classrooms???

Post by Labbie »

Hi folks,

Just a general question, do you clean the classrooms of bits & pieces that the teacher has left behind. Do you pack away after teachers, or wait until the teacher ask you. I ask this because the cleaner has told me it is my job to clean the classroom of all equipment & glass ware. But as I pointed out perhaps the teacher has not yet finished with the glass ware or equipment.

Regards
Regards Labbie

Lab Manager/Lab Tech, mind reading etc etc
Now retired :wub:
Josie
Job Title: Laboratory Assistant
School: St Pat's Marist College
Suburb: Dundas

Post by Josie »

What? Your teachers leave things behind??

I've made up cards that read "Please Leave" and "Finished".
The theory is that if they want glassware and/or equipment left, they place a "Please Leave" sign with it. If they don't do this or forget to leave a "Finished" sign, I will pack it away or wash it up after a week.

With some training this seems to be working.

Our cleaners only clean the floor (or are supposed to anyway).
nickyw
State/Location: QLD

Post by nickyw »

Hi Sue

I do clean the classrooms. The teacher puts a note in the prac tote box saying either "finished" or "leave until p3 on Thursday" etc. If there is no note I will ask the teacher via email if they have finished, they are usually pretty good. I clean all the sinks on Fridays and clean down all the benches with disinfectant. The teachers also know that I am a clean freak so they know that what ever is laying around will get picked up by me.

All in a days work

Cheers Nicky :lol:
Ocean Breeze
Job Title: Lab Manager

Post by Ocean Breeze »

Our cleaners only clean the floors and empty the bins. So equipment isn't an issue for our cleaners at all.
Any bench, sink or immediate desk cleaning that needs doing is done by me.
Labbie
Job Title: Retired
Suburb: At Home

Post by Labbie »

we do use in use cards and finish cards on items in the prep room. I mean in the class room.

Regards
Regards Labbie

Lab Manager/Lab Tech, mind reading etc etc
Now retired :wub:
Slartibartfast
State/Location: QLD

Post by Slartibartfast »

We have a couple of teachers who are incapable of returning anything to the prep room - funnily enough, they're the biggest borrowers so I just assume they have finished using the equipment, I clean it and place it away. They don't know what they want unless I tell them!

Regards
Richard