Has any one got two labbies?

General announcements, eg upcoming science meetings, national lab tech seminars, Chemtalk announcements, etc.
RosalieM
Job Title: Lab Assistant
Suburb: Tamworth
State/Location: NSW

Re: scince lab hours

Post by RosalieM »

I don't think there is a 'set formula' used anywhere in NSW but there is a 'recommended formula' put forward by someone in the UK I think. That's what labbies have used previously on here to calculate hours. I will try to find it and link it for you.
Rosalie
RosalieM
Job Title: Lab Assistant
Suburb: Tamworth

Re: Has any one got two labbies?

Post by RosalieM »

Pinky, I hope this helps.
Labbie
Job Title: Retired
Suburb: At Home

Post by Labbie »

this may help you Ian
Regards Labbie

Lab Manager/Lab Tech, mind reading etc etc
Now retired :wub:
tuesday
Job Title: Lab Tech
State/Location: ACT

Post by tuesday »

I'm on my own with 800 students and I only do science, but at my old school we had 1260 students with two of us lab techs everyday. Otherwise the work doesn't get done , pracs don't get out and it's amazing how loud the Science Teachers yell when this starts happening. It worked in my favor.
Merilyn1
Job Title: Labbie
School: Wollondilly Anglican College
Suburb: Tahmoor

Post by Merilyn1 »

Wow. At my last school we had nearly 1100 students and only me and I wasn't even full time. No wonder there were days when I felt like curling up in a ball and hoping it would all go away!
daterata
Job Title: Science Lab Assistant
School: Sydney High School
Suburb: Maroubra

Post by daterata »

There are two Lab Assistants at my school which has an enrolment in excess of 1300 . I am permanent full-time and the other assistant works four days.
Even with two of us we'll still be struggling to accomplish all our goals on our school Performance and Development Plan...(and that's another story) :unsure:
linotas
State/Location: TAS

Post by linotas »

We have 2 full time labbies and a part time (1-2 days) across two campuses. We have total, just over 1200 students from k-12. I have around 300-400 yr 11/12 and there are probably around 500-600 at the highschool with the remainder in primary.