Projectile Launchers

and any other non-chem subjects.
labman
State/Location: SA

Projectile Launchers

Post by labman »

Hi All,
My Physics teachers use projectile launchers that were purchased (I think)from Omega Scientific(S.A). They are wooden,with a spring loaded mechanism that fires a single ball bearing on angles of up to 90 degrees.
One teacher remembers using a different type of P.L. He says it was made of metal, and came from America. Not much info, I know, but if anyone knows of anywhere that has these, or has seen any in catalogues, I would appreciate any help. I've scoured all the catalogues I have, and have yet to find any!
Thanks to all,
Lisa
JudyM
State/Location: NSW

Re: Projectile Launchers

Post by JudyM »

Hi Labman,

The equipment you need is sold through Serrata
It's called Trajectory Apparatus.
#1014008 on p53 of 2006 catalogue.

Cheers
ri

Post by ri »

Hi Labman,
we have in a metal projectile launcher, made by Pasco in the US. I can PM you if you wish with more details.
Cheers,

~Robyn
PhysicsOne

Post by PhysicsOne »

Yes the one you are looking for is from Pasco, a US company.
It is quite sturdy and fires ball bearings over a distance of about 2 to 3 metres.
We have made some beautiful photos of the ball trajectory using a stroboscope and a digital camera. Let me know if you want more info on this prac.
labman

Post by labman »

Robyn,
Love to take you up on that offer. Use this website or e-mail is lisa.johnston@nmhs.sa.edu.au Thank you.

Goran,
I would also love any info you have, and if there is a way to e-mail those pics to me, I would love to see them. Use the above e-mail or this website for contact.
Thank you both for your help. This website is worth it's weight in gold!!
dolphinscales
Job Title: Laboratory Technican
School: Mandurah Senior College
State/Location: WA

Post by dolphinscales »

Hey there a little late maybe but we have a metal projectile launcher that we brought here in Australia last year- Cider house
PH: 03 9700 7769 use launcher in the search.
labman

Post by labman »

Thanks Annette,
I checked that website out, and they are stockists of Pasco equipment. I can now check for any price differences. I've noticed on this site that prices can vary a lot for the same product, so it helps to have additional info
Cheers,
Lisa