Stick Insect eggs

non-commercial, thanks.
macca
Job Title: Mind Reader
State/Location: NSW

Re: Stick Insect eggs

Post by macca »

I'm wondering if anyone can help me out with some stick insect eggs, I'm afraid the ones I've got seem to be past their use by date.
mtg
Job Title: Lab Tech
School: NDSC
Suburb: west gippsland
State/Location: VIC

Post by mtg »

How big a tank or cage would I need? I've been offered some and I would like to try it. If they have to go home with students is that just holidays or weekends too? How hot can they tolerate? The display room can get a bit warm.
carolyn miller

Post by carolyn miller »

The sticky ladies will lay eggs even if they do not have a male partner. When this happens you will end up with only female insects, when fertilised you can get male or female offspring. Non fertilised eggs take up to twelve months to hatch and the fertilised ones hatch in about 9 months or soon after with a little bit of humidity. they are called spiny leaf insects the ones we have and they are easy to look after and great for the kids to handle, gently. I change our leaves once a week, gum leaves and spray with water each morning.
macca

Post by macca »

Morning everyone, Hoping someone can help me out, chasing some viable insect eggs. Mine aren't any good, not having any luck hatching them they are many years old.

If anyone could help that would be great thanks
macca

Post by macca »

macca wrote: 30 Jan 2019, 08:20 Morning everyone, Hoping someone can help me out, chasing some viable insect eggs. Mine aren't any good, not having any luck hatching them they are many years old.

If anyone could help that would be great thanks
Still looking if anyone can help me out that would be great. :coffee:
Shell1
Job Title: lab assistant
School: SJBC
Suburb: Engadine

Post by Shell1 »

Hi Macca
Sent you a PM