Laboratory Skills Course

Any discussions concerning the job go here.
sunray18
State/Location: NSW

Re: Laboratory Skills Course

Post by sunray18 »

I have just completed Advanced Diploma of Laboratory Management at Hunter TAFE - cost $900 this year - $13000. Very challenging - unless you have done your Cert 4 don't attempt it. A lot of instrumentation in it .. which I thoroughly enjoyed - took me back years to working in Research and industry!
Merilyn1
Job Title: Labbie
School: Wollondilly Anglican College
Suburb: Tahmoor

Post by Merilyn1 »

I think there may be HECS-type arrangements for higher level courses at TAFE. Worth checking out if you are interested in doing something beyond Cert III.
AmandaDLG
Job Title: Lab Assistant
School: Merrylands High School
Suburb: Merrylands

Post by AmandaDLG »

I have just finished this course at Blacktown TAFE and as its not hard or has a lot to do with our JOBS it still gives new people some good general knowledge of what to do with spills and how to make agar, first aid, how to read symbols of chemicals. I found it interesting and worth it.
Amanda :coffee:
Flick88

Post by Flick88 »

Hi,
I am just wondering if anyone knows of a Laboratory Skills course coming up in 2016 for new Labbies in Western NSW.
melsid
Job Title: Lab Rat
School: PHS

Post by melsid »

TAFE New England were planning on running a course externally this year. You would have to be able to travel to Armidale for weekend workshops, about 6 of them all up I think. I completed the Cert III there last year. Most courses would have started at the beginning of this semester. Good luck!

Mel