Vaqua-pura

This forum is for (a) to help other members source materials, and (b) for topics regarding equipment repairs.
Tricia
State/Location: NSW

Vaqua-pura

Post by Tricia »

Hello everyone,
Does anyone know where to buy the filter material used in the "Vaqua-pura" apparatus for producing de-ionised or distilled water. I have a cartridge but need the filter material. I think it is called "mixed ion resin".
Cheers,
Pat.
Robbie

Re: Vaqua-pura

Post by Robbie »

Hi Tricia,

I know the problem well. I spent months trying to source this.

The only supplier I could find was Insight Water Treatment & Services P/L, Unit D6/23-25 Windsor Road, Northmead. 2152. Phone 9890.9393. The man to speak to is Craig (mobile 0411 094 448). The only problem is the size of the cartridge. The one they have is much longer than the one used in the Vaquapura deioniser we have (which was bought in the 1970s). This means you would need to take the resin beads out of their cartridge and put them into your cartridge. A messy job if you spill any beads!!

In the end we decided to upgrade. We bought a Vertex water deioniser - bench top model for $685.00 from Serrata which is brilliant.

Actually, we bought a cartridge from Insight which we have not used - we may be able to do a deal with you.

If you need any further info give me a ring on 9477.6411.

Cheers,

Robbie
PhysicsOne

Post by PhysicsOne »

You can order it(resin) in the Science Supply catalogue 500g for $18 ph:1300 857 544.

Or if you call CRS industrial 9899 8766 and talk to Sue, tell them you are a school. They sell it for $19 a litre. I ordered a litre and found that to be about 2 and a bit cartridges worth. I am not sure how much 500g would fill.

Remember the beads take a while to get going so throw away the first batch of water it makes.
rae
School: Oxley College
Suburb: Burradoo

Post by rae »

Don't you mean recycle the water appropriately!!
I'm sure there will be plants to water or something!!
smiley
State/Location: QLD

Post by smiley »

I buy my de-ionised water from a battery factory here in Cairns. It's half of nothing at all to buy - maybe 50c a litre - and they have all these standards they have to meet so the water really is de-ionised properly. It still works out cheaper than buying a unit myself. I buy 40L at a time, and it lasts at least a term, often longer.

Chers, K 8-)