Interactive whiteboards - do you use them?

polling is enabled in this forum.

Do you have interactive whiteboards in the science labs?

yes, they are used nearly every day
51%
yes, they are used once a week
3%
yes, they are used once a fortnight
0%
yes, but they rarely get used
4%
no, dont have any in science labs
42%

Total votes: 277

vlclabbie
Job Title: Lab Chick
Suburb: Albury
State/Location: NSW

Re: Interactive whiteboards - do you use them?

Post by vlclabbie »

The voting is interesting! Obviously schools with them use them regularly for the most part.... or they don't have them. Sounds like a good investment going on the voting. :thumbup: We have one in our science lab & it gets used nearly every lesson. It stays set up & the teachers just use their lap tops to hook up at the beginning of the lesson. Not much setting up that cuts into preparation time! :clap3:
fiona
State/Location: VIC

Post by fiona »

Hey Jen

We have interactive whiteboards in all 3 of our labs but I must say they do not get used very often. Our physics teacher found it incredibly useful, used it every lesson, recorded his lectures on it (don't ask me how) and sung its praises regularly but he resigned last month so it hasn't had much of a work out since. The other senior science teachers are of the older generation and don't really feel comfortable using the interactive whiteboards. The chemistry teacher said to me that she is retiring in a few years and just doesn't feel like its worth it.

The junior science teacher likes playing dvds on it but ours is a small school and if teachers want to use laptops they have to supply their own. He doesn't so he only uses it when can borrow a one.

Peace
Fio
Labbie
Job Title: Retired
Suburb: At Home

Post by Labbie »

It would be so good, to re do this survey, now so many of us have had refubishments. Ours are used every day. But a year ago which is when the survey was done, we did not have any.
Regards Labbie

Lab Manager/Lab Tech, mind reading etc etc
Now retired :wub:
dime

Post by dime »

Yeah, us too. We now have four in the four refurbished labs. Used all the time.
sunray18

Post by sunray18 »

We are gradually installing them in each science Lab as the school can afford. The teachers use them all the time.
After seeing a demonstration of the Virtual physics programs from The Logical Interface, I am pushing for them to be installed asap.. this virtual software works on an ordinary whiteboard, but works much better with interactive....
hey guys you HAVE to see this stuff.. brilliant especially 'Krucible' ... :clap3: