data logger probe storage

MSDSs, Storage, Handling, Transport, Labeling, computer management systems, and anything else to do with safety.
RosalieM
Job Title: Lab Assistant
Suburb: Tamworth
State/Location: NSW

data logger probe storage

Post by RosalieM »

Hi Everyone,
I'm just wondering how you store your datalogger probes. We purchased 5 data loggers at the end of last year with a heap of probes to go with them. I currently have 5 containers with a set of probes in each one. This means that I have to go to 5 containers to get the 5 pH probes out. I'm thinking that it would be more convenient to have all the same probes in the one container, but this would mean having several smaller containers and I don't really have the space to store them (the larger ones are next to my desk in the staffroom still waiting for me to find room for them in the storeroom or one of the labs...), so if you have any ideas I would love to hear them!
Thanks,
Rosalie :)
Slartibartfast
State/Location: QLD

Re: data logger probe storage

Post by Slartibartfast »

We have our Data Harvest probes in clear sealed tupperware containers. All the temp probes are together, light gates in another etc with a label on the lid with what the probe is and the equipment stored in each container for quick reference by the staff. pH and dissolved oxygen do have their individual containers as it is rare more than 1 is needed at a time and they are a bit more fragile than other sensors.

It saves the teachers searching through loads of bags with different probes and adaptors and trying to match up what they need for a prac.

Quick and effective and if the container is only as big as it needs to be to fit the probe then you save space too!
Richard Hollinworth
Disease diagnosis and extension services
DPI&F
Biosecurity Sciences Laboratory
Lis
Job Title: Laboratory Technician
School: Central Coast Grammar
Suburb: Erina Heights
State/Location: NSW

Re: data logger probe storage

Post by Lis »

We bought one of those small set of draws on wheels,there is 5 draws bit less than 1M high, data loggers and chargers on the top draw and probes have their own draw or 2 to a draw, looks neat and easy to find bits and pieces.
cheers Lisa