Queensland Storms

for anything else that doesn't fit.
Slartibartfast
State/Location: QLD

Queensland Storms

Post by Slartibartfast »

I hope the worst of it missed our chemtalk family up there in South East Queensland.

There's been plenty on the news showing the destruction from the big storm that hit Brisbane - I was watching it form up and head east south-east via weather radar and thought that's going to be a whopper.

This is the Brisbane radar from the National Bureau of Meteorology but it also covers the rest of Australia at the same site:

http://mirror.bom.gov.au/products/IDR663.loop.shtml

I use it mainly for sailing info but also, when to water my veggies and whether to leave the bike at home and drive to work.

It's now 120km off the coast.

Hope your all ok!
Richard Hollinworth
Disease diagnosis and extension services
DPI&F
Biosecurity Sciences Laboratory
Labbie
Job Title: Retired
Suburb: At Home
State/Location: NSW

Re: Queensland Storms

Post by Labbie »

Yes our thoughts are with all the Queenlands chemtalk family, if we could help we would and I think you all know that. Just stay safe.
Regards Labbie

Lab Manager/Lab Tech, mind reading etc etc
Now retired :wub:
Judy R
State/Location: QLD

Re: Queensland Storms

Post by Judy R »

Many thanks for the good wishes.The school was not damaged and our house also not damaged.
It cut a path through the north west of Brisbane,I live in the eastern suburbs however two of our staff are at the Gap and have damaged homes.We are warned of more storms today and tomorrow....hope they don't eventuate.
The plus side is the gardens and lawns are green and our tanks are full.The dams are on the way to being full for the first time in 7 years!!!!
I never worried about water until I moved to Queensland....it reminds us daily we live in a very dry country and our students are amazing at conserving water...drilled into them since birth.