Update from Slarti McBartfast

General announcements, eg upcoming science meetings, national lab tech seminars, Chemtalk announcements, etc.
Slartibartfast
State/Location: QLD

Re: Update from Slarti McBartfast

Post by Slartibartfast »

Just wondering... do all the Ducatis fit in the shed now or are they still in the lounge and kitchen?

Ha! Why would I want to keep them in the shed? No, I have 5 indoors here but most are still (very tightly) locked away with my Mini Cooper S in NSW - but not for much longer as they are being shipped north within the month. I can't wait as I've missed them. Congrats on the new purchase search engine! Too many is barely enough!!!

My Brothers Ducati SS was tipped off it's paddock stand by my 3y.o. nephew on the weekend, sadly he wasn't trapped or hurt or anything! He has a pocket bike which he won't let me sit on in case I hurt it!!! Chip off the block I reckon.

Currently doing plenty of Km every day heading out to the Uni at Esk with their dairy cattle. All this rain is making going a bit tough but that's ok, I'm back doing what I love. :w00t:

See Ya!
Richard Hollinworth
Disease diagnosis and extension services
DPI&F
Biosecurity Sciences Laboratory
Sassi
State/Location: NSW

Post by Sassi »

Slartibartfast wrote: sadly he wasn't trapped or hurt or anything! !

SLARTI!!! I hope you were referring to the Ducati, NOT the Nephew 8O 8O :w00t:
coxy

Post by coxy »

Hey Slarti,
I bought my husband a Ducati for our first wedding anniversary (actually, I agreed to sign the papers for the loan for us to buy it). It was great back then, with the Conti mufflers etc., but he has always kept the 1942 10/12 (10 hp x 1200cc) Harley. Apparently, I go before it goes!
Slartibartfast

Post by Slartibartfast »

"SLARTI!!! I hope you were referring to the Ducati, NOT the Nephew!"

You know me Sassi, of course I was referring to him but don't worry, he's built like a very solid wombat.

In the labs today - been staring at bovine digestive bacteria for what seems like hours now. What time does the pub open? :w00t: If anyone is keen, I'll meet you at the Pigs Trotter in say, 15 minutes?! I'll get the first round.
Richard Hollinworth
DPI&F
The Search Engine

Post by The Search Engine »

Can't believe I missed that shout!
Ah well - hope those bacteria have done something interesting.
On the important topic of motorcycles - we have sold the yellow Suzuki and are back down to 1 road bike and two off roaders. Husband bought a Corbin seat for the roadbike on eBay and managed to sell the old one for almost as much. Very nice! Heading out for a road trip this weekend.

Cheers,
Patti
The Search Engine
Robb

Post by Robb »

Hi Richard,

Hows things progressing,

Just one thing, a bit of infor actually. I made Deputy Captain in our Rural Fire Brigade. Earned the Stripe this week.

But apart from that just having to juggle Uni this semester was hectic. Two subjects that were the heaviest for assignments. (26 this semester in fact), Work is easier now as my time is better managed. Although I had my own work commitments here, I was still leaving for other schools helping in OH&S Audits andf Chem Safety.

Phew..... I am glad I have the reast of the year off from Uni.............. Exam results to come..

Cheers, Mate..

Robb.....
Dr Robert Crosdale. MRACI. NSS. NSSA. NASA.
Ph.D (Chem), Post Grad Ph.D (Physics), M.Ed, B.Sc (Hons), Dip. Appl. Sc. (Chem)
Lake Munmorah High School.
University of New England.
University of New South Wales.
University of Newcastle.

To understand the Universe from our perspective, we need to look towards our own backyard first for answers.

** AD ASTRA PER ASPERA - SEMPER EXPLORO **
Labbie
Job Title: Retired
Suburb: At Home

Post by Labbie »

Congratulations on becoming Captain. My son also made Captain down near Campbelltown way. Gosh you are a busy person, Rural Fire Brigade, Uni, work, chemtalk. May I know your source of engery? I would love some more engery?????????????????
Regards Labbie

Lab Manager/Lab Tech, mind reading etc etc
Now retired :wub:
Robb

Post by Robb »

Hi Richard,

Since our Birthdays are within one day of each other I would just like to say Happy Birthday, and all the very best.

Let me know through PM what you are currently doing.

Cheers,

Robb.....
Last edited by Robb on 05 Jul 2009, 22:37, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spelling Correction
University of Newcastle.

To understand the Universe from our perspective, we need to look towards our own backyard first for answers.

Slartibartfast

Post by Slartibartfast »

Doctor Robb!! Me old chestnut!!

CONGRATS on making deputy with the RFS!! Well earned if you ask me. Bout time an'all!!! You've only been in it since you were 6!

Hope you have an awesome birthday mate with your wife and son (and any others I haven't heard about) and hope you don't drink not enough.

Post some pics of you in your RFS finery and I'll do the same with a couple of me out in the field taking various bovine samples up to my knees in shite!!! Ah great days!

Great to catch up mate and hope you get the uni results you deserve!
Richard Hollinworth
DPI&F
Robb

Post by Robb »

Hi Richard,

I will get some new Photos and post them. Just let me get organised.. I have to post the Hubble images yet so bear with me. I head off to Sydney Wednesday to meet with NASA scientists with the Consulate General of the USA. So this tops for a great Birthday Present.

I will try and get the stripe in the photo for you. Hey there brand new....

Sounds like your having fun at work, do you know your job title yet. I don't want to guess...not after reading your last post.

Cheers Mate,

Robb.....
Last edited by Robb on 14 Jul 2009, 22:55, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Corrections
University of Newcastle.