Lab coats

This forum is for (a) to help other members source materials, and (b) for topics regarding equipment repairs.
RosalieM
Job Title: Lab Assistant
Suburb: Tamworth
State/Location: NSW

Lab coats

Post by RosalieM »

Many of our labcoats are looking a bit sad... frayed cuffs, burn holes, stains, tears etc... I would really like to purchase at least 1 class set (30) but at the prices I can find, this isn't likely! Has anyone seen them cheaper than $29 (westlab)? Have any of you done bulk orders and received a discount from any of our regular supply companies? I figured it would be easier to post a general question here rather than contact all the companies individually (call it resourceful, or just plain lazy! Too much else to be doing at this time of year...)
Thanks Everyone! :)
Rowyrow
State/Location: NT

Re: Lab coats

Post by Rowyrow »

just remeber the westlab price doesnt include GST so they are actually $31.90, most of the suppliers offer washed secondhand lab coats for alot cheaper than new ones, maybe you could email or call and inquire about what sort of condition they come in?
rae
School: Oxley College
Suburb: Burradoo

Post by rae »

President Safety Supplies have 21-50 coats for $26.40 each including GST with free delivery and they are new.
I can fax you the brochure if you want the details.

Lorrae
RosalieM

Post by RosalieM »

Thanks Lorrae - Fax: 02 6762 1752 Attn Rosalie Murray

I just got excited when I found a company selling lab coats for $6 each but I'm pretty sure they are american so freight would be a lot!
Lis
Job Title: Laboratory Technician
School: Central Coast Grammar
Suburb: Erina Heights

Post by Lis »

Hi Rosalie,

Not sure what area you are in, but our Uni sold them, cant remember how much, they are secondhand, but in good condition, they are from ex students who no longer need them, may be worth a phone call

cheers
Lisa
RosalieM

Post by RosalieM »

M. Dale Enterprises sells them for $21 + freight which is the cheapest I could find (assuming the freight doesn't end up being more that $5/coat). They don't have a website but I could PM you their number if anyone is interested. It is also where we got our last lot of safety glasses. Thanks for all your answers.
gillegan
Job Title: Lab Tech
School: St. Joseph's College
Suburb: Katherine
State/Location: NT

Post by gillegan »

We got ours (secondhand but in good condition) from Omega Scientific in SA. The 2010 prices are $22 inc GST plus freight.
Might be worth comparing the total including freight as they seem to vary quite a bit.
blossom

Post by blossom »

Science Supply Australia in their 2009/2010 Catalogue have Lab coats listed at $22.00 for Sizes S/M/L/XL - but these prices do not include GST. Phone No: 03 98732588 and FaX 03 98732425 - If this is any help
Blossom