supplying own paper towel

This forum is for (a) to help other members source materials, and (b) for topics regarding equipment repairs.
coxy
State/Location: NSW

Re: supplying own paper towel

Post by coxy »

Our paper towel comes from the Cleaner's stores (purchased by the school anyway); but definitely not from Science budget. I do purchase cheap liquid soap for those teachers who do ask for it, but otherwise our students just get water and paper towel.
As to lab coats, I have never seen a teacher at this school wear one, we have two hanging behind the staff room door and they have never been used in the 11 years I have worked here!
Slartibartfast
State/Location: QLD

Post by Slartibartfast »

Hot air hand dryers = NOISE + they don't mop up spills or clean windows/glassware and are no use whatsoever in the event of a sneeze!

Drying hands is only one thing we use paper towel for.

For those that asked... I'm still very much employed by the Dept of Primary Industries in Qld as a field research officer with lots of lab work and loving it. I took 12 months leave without pay from my school in NSW and I cannot see myself returning there at this point! Good thing about Queensland (apart from XXXX) is your always working on your tan whether you want to or not! Bad part is it burns bits you never knew you had! :w00t:
Richard Hollinworth
Disease diagnosis and extension services
DPI&F
Biosecurity Sciences Laboratory
camelrock
State/Location: NSW

Post by camelrock »

I email the cleaners when I need some and they leave a few rolls on my desk the next day. Old towels are great too but only if there is a laundry service for boarders at your school. Hand wash comes out of our science budget. :-)