Mini MSDS in Chemwatch

MSDSs, Storage, Handling, Transport, Labeling, computer management systems, and anything else to do with safety.
dime
State/Location: NSW

Mini MSDS in Chemwatch

Post by dime »

Can anyone tell me how to get mini MSDS from chemwatch. I haven't bothered before, only used the label function. I thought it used to be on the left hand side, when you searched for a chemical. Any help would be appreciated. :D
me
Job Title: Lab Assistant
School: Castle Hill High
Suburb: Castle Hill

Re: Mini MSDS in Chemwatch

Post by me »

Click on "label" then it's at the top of the list on the right hand side.
dime

Post by dime »

Thanks me. While I was awaiting a reply I found it also. It came up when i thought it should be, after I changed it to the advanced mode. But it is nice to know the alternative. Merry Christmas.
ellice
Job Title: Lab technician
School: The Illawarra Grammar School
Suburb: Figtree

Post by ellice »

Hi all,
Last year I updated all our MSDS. I have one copy in the Prep Room. In the labs (six), we keep a folder of mini MSDS's, and these need to be updated as well. Can anyone tell me an easy way to do this? Can they be purchased, or is it a case of downloading from Chemwatch, and photocopying. I'm going numb thinking about it!!
Cheers, Ellice.
merilyn

Post by merilyn »

We just have a set of mini MSDSs in the prep room and the appropriate one goes with the chemical when pracs are put together. They are laminated to make them more durable and are stored alphabetically in a filing cupboard. As I put them away I check the issue date and replace any that are more than five years old (that's the issue date not to be confused with the date of printing).

Simpler than keeping track of 6 different sets!

M.
Whspa

Post by Whspa »

I do the same as Ellice. One set of full MSDSs in the staffroom, and a set of minis in each of the 4 prep rooms and Chem Store. I download and copy the updates as necessary. I give the full MSDSs as required to senior Chem, but most of the time the minis suffice.
merilyn

Post by merilyn »

I forgot to add that we put the relevant mini MSDS in with the prac so it is at hand. The purpose being that if there is an accident, the mini MSDS can go with the patient to first aid and then to hospital if necessary. Although not a substitute for the full data sheet, it gives everyone the details of the chemical and some basic first aid. No one is then hunting around for the relevant MSDS in case of an emergency.
Krysia Lee
Job Title: Labbie
School: Brigidine College
Suburb: St Ives

Post by Krysia Lee »

Hi
I do the same as Merilyn however when we were audited by OH&S we were told that new MSDS's had to be printed out each year.
Krysia