for anything else that doesn't fit.
RosalieM
Job Title: Lab Assistant
Suburb: Tamworth
State/Location: NSW

Attn Tamworth Labbies

Post by RosalieM »

Hi Guys,
I need some solutions for Wednesday which we don't seem to have in stock and even if I order them today they won't arrive in time. They are:

Sodium Acetate
Sodium Hydrogen Sulfate (Sodium Bisulfate)
Potassium Nitrite

Do any of you have any of these in your stores? I would like enough to make 1L 0.1M solutions so if any of you read this before afternoon tea today would you mind bringing some of the solid in a little jar or bottle this afternoon? When we get them in I can replace what I have borrowed.

No dramas if it doesn't happen. It is for acid/base/neutral salts comparisons and there should be enough of the ones we do have to make the required comparisons. It would be good to have all of them though.

Thanks! See you this afternoon,
Rosalie
Slartibartfast
State/Location: QLD

Re: Attn Tamworth Labbies

Post by Slartibartfast »

I know the time has passed since you needed them but if I need to borrow equipment from surrounding schools, I go to the trouble of doing the kilometres myself as I'm already putting other school labbies out. Sounds odd to ask them to drop them off to you.
Richard Hollinworth
Disease diagnosis and extension services
DPI&F
Biosecurity Sciences Laboratory
RosalieM
Job Title: Lab Assistant
Suburb: Tamworth
State/Location: NSW

Re: Attn Tamworth Labbies

Post by RosalieM »

Hi,
I usually would go collect it myself (and have done that) but we were all meeting up for afternoon tea that afternoon.
Rosalie