chemical
Job Title: SASS
School: Karabar High
Suburb: Queanbeyan
State/Location: NSW

Grants for prep rooms

Post by chemical »

Hi all :coffee:

Just wondering if anyone know of grants that are avalable for the upgrade of prep room.
My poor room is sad. I have some shelves that are held up with bricks not to stable and the tools peg board fell down as I was rearranging it. It was held up with string. With the weight of tools etc no wonder it fell. It gave me a scare.

Thank you Lindy :wub:
J
Job Title: Lab Assistant
School: DHS

Re: Grants for prep rooms

Post by J »

Our HT said something the other day about all govt schools getting their labs upgraded. Hopefully that will include prep rooms. Who knows how long it will take to get around to everyone though. Let's not hold our breath waiting. :coffee:

Julie
cheltie

Post by cheltie »

Hi guys,
I hate to be a spoil sport but we were told the money for new labs. doesn't include prep room upgrades.
If your prep room is dangerous though I would be letting the OH&S committee know before there is a serious accident.
Good luck.
Helen
Lyn
Job Title: Lab Assistant (Technician)
School: St. John's Catholic College
Suburb: Darwin
State/Location: NT

Post by Lyn »

Hi Lindy,
Doesn't your school have a maintenance man? There must be maintenance request sheets available in the admin office which you can fill out and your school should have a budget for maintenance issues. Or put in a written request to get brackets for your shelving and to have your tool board firmly attached to the wall. Either way, push the safety issue and have your head science teacher back up the request.

Lyn
jilly

Post by jilly »

Hello Lindy
Your Principal was previously Principal of The Henry Lawson High School where I am the Lab Assistant. I had a few OH&S issues here in the Labs and Prep Room in his time here and I found him to be very pro-active. Tell him Jill sent you!!!
Regards
Jill Hamilton