Latest Aus std AS1940

MSDSs, Storage, Handling, Transport, Labeling, computer management systems, and anything else to do with safety.
linotas
State/Location: TAS

Latest Aus std AS1940

Post by linotas »

Has anyone got a copy of the latest standard AS1940 and can tell me what volume of flammables is allowable per meterage of floor space? also the minor storage volumes?

Cheers
melsid
Job Title: Lab Rat
School: PHS
State/Location: NSW

Re: Latest Aus std AS1940

Post by melsid »

https://www.worksafe.qld.gov.au/__data/ ... iquids.pdf

I found this online, hope it helps!

M
AnnNos
Job Title: Science Assistant

Post by AnnNos »

The Chemical Safety in Schools package has the quantities that are allowed to be stored on school premises. This includes the maximum quantities per school block.
linotas
State/Location: TAS

Post by linotas »

Thanks Melsid.
AnnNos I am not in NSW
shellythenewlabby
School: Woonona High School

Post by shellythenewlabby »

Hi AnnNos..what section in the CSIS book does it have the quantities that are allowed to be stored on the premises...Thanks in advance
Merilyn1
Job Title: Labbie
School: Wollondilly Anglican College
Suburb: Tahmoor

Post by Merilyn1 »

linotas wrote: 06 Jun 2019, 09:36 Has anyone got a copy of the latest standard AS1940 and can tell me what volume of flammables is allowable per meterage of floor space? also the minor storage volumes?

Cheers
I'm annoyed with myself. As a TAFE student, I had access to Australian Standards. I thought I had down loaded this one (I'm assuming it is the laboratory standard?) But I don't have it and now can't access the website as I have finished the course. So can't help you with that information.

For general quantities of hazardous chemicals that are allowed without permit, in NSW you can check the WHS Regulations 2017. More up to date than CSIS.