Questions for people who went to St Mary's conference

This forum is for (a) to help other members source materials, and (b) for topics regarding equipment repairs.
RosalieM
Job Title: Lab Assistant
Suburb: Tamworth
State/Location: NSW

Questions for people who went to St Mary's conference

Post by RosalieM »

Hello people!
The Q Stores table at St Mary's had a display of something which could be used to clean up spills. They used chunky soup to simulate vomit and to demonstrate how it soaks everything up so it can be swept into a container for disposal. Does anyone know what this product is????
Also, for those who did the Euglena session - In our group someone mentioned using the specimen jars for storing electrodes and some other things which I can't remember now. Q Stores don't seem to have them, so I am wondering who I get them from and what size I need (for storing electrodes - I'm determined to get that drawer organised!). I found some in the Serrata catalogue but they don't have dimentions listed, only mL.
Thanks in advance!
Rosalie
Labbie
Job Title: Retired
Suburb: At Home

Re: Questions for people who went to St Mary's conference

Post by Labbie »

Try ringing Q-stores, and would you be so kind as to let us know. One solid item in the spills kit would be much better. I would also like to know the name of the snake like thingo, that contains the spill. Sorry about the snake like thingo,
Regards Labbie

Lab Manager/Lab Tech, mind reading etc etc
Now retired :wub:
RosalieM

Post by RosalieM »

I haven't tried ringing them myself, but someone else on the OHS committee tried and the person they spoke to had never heard of such a thing, so that's why I thought I'd try here. If nobody here knows I will ring myself and see what answer I get. I just thought if I had a name I could know what to ask for more specifically. I will let you know when I find out though!
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

hi,
why don't you give SETON call, Free Call: 1800 65 1173. They are best with OH&S things
Cheers Jazz
lizzieb
Job Title: Labbie

Post by lizzieb »

Rosalie, I thought I got a brochure, but can't find it amongst my catalogues.

The Q Stores catalogue lists Clean up Powder on Pg 783, along with a clean up kit for vomitus. I think you'd need more than a 250g bag though - I remember a day a year or so ago when guess who got to clean up a HUGE mess some poor kid had made in a lab. Very Yuk!

Left the school straight afterwards, and took my time getting a well-deserved coffee!!!!
Liz

Life keeps getting better every day!
me
School: Castle Hill High
Suburb: Castle Hill

Post by me »

Hi Rosalie,
I have a copy of the brochure that Q Stores was handing out at the St Mary's conference. If you think this will help let me know your Fax number and I'll send you a copy.
Tracey
Labbie

Post by Labbie »

PLease may I also have a copy from last years q-stores. My fax number is 9823 7662 attn Sue in Science. Thank you.
Regards Labbie

Labbie

Post by Labbie »

Thank you for the copy of q-stores spill kits.

The powder is called Absorbent sachets, they can come in different sizes, At St Marys they said they would be for sale in Jan 2008. It almost March and Q-stores are unsure, when they will come into stock.

Have nice weekend
Regards Labbie

rp

Post by rp »

Michael from Serrata manned the Q store table.Give him a ring.
Hope this helps
Rhonda
RosalieM

Post by RosalieM »

Hi Tracey,

Yes please!! I would love to receive your brochure by fax - 02 67621752. I must not have picked one up...

Thanks Sue for your information too. Maybe I will order some and just leave it on back-order until they get it in :D

Rosalie