Written down prep time

MSDSs, Storage, Handling, Transport, Labeling, computer management systems, and anything else to do with safety.
Loopy
School: Mater Dei Catholic College
Suburb: Wagga Wagga
State/Location: NSW

Re: Written down prep time

Post by Loopy »

Morning!
Now Sue, you raised another point in your comment, how many of us are invited to faculty meetings? Not that I really want to go all the time, but what about when they are discussing input into the running of the labs etc or prac assessment tasks and come up with hair brained schemes that involve more work than is necessary?
Sorry, maybe I should have included this in teacher gripe!
Lou P.
Voice
State/Location: VIC

Post by Voice »

We all to to have a sign in our preparation rooms that reads,
LACK OF PREPARATION ON
YOUR PART DOES NOT CONSTITUTE
AN EMERGENCY ON MINE!!!!!

Maree
Labbie
Job Title: Retired
Suburb: At Home

Post by Labbie »

I agree, we should be at least invitied to the faculity meetings, since being at this school, 6.5 years have never been asked. We should be their for many reasons.
Regards Labbie

Lab Manager/Lab Tech, mind reading etc etc
Now retired :wub:
macca
Job Title: Mind Reader

Post by macca »

I have a teachers cronicle they write their pracs. in. on the main bench. Every morning I cross the page for the following day. Once it's crossed that's bad luck. Only takes saying NO a couple of times and sticking to it, they learn. "Sound like I'm referring to kids" They don't take equipment anymore, And as for any Chemicals I'm the only one with a key. Stick to your guns girls. DON"T UPSET THE LABBIE :coffee:
Lis
Job Title: Laboratory Technician
School: Central Coast Grammar
Suburb: Erina Heights

Post by Lis »

Hi Macca,

like "If Mum aint happy aint nobody happy", (which I use at home), should say "If Labbie aint happy aint nobody happy" for school :cheesy: :cheesy: :coffee:
And I love Voice's sign, Lack of preparation.... oh how true, I am sure you have posted that up before, love it!!!! :coffee: :cheesy:

cheers Lisa :thumbup:
sunray18

Post by sunray18 »

Wouldn't it be great if someone printed T-shirts with this sign to purchase at St Mary's conference .. or lab coats..or a badge...

LACK OF PREPARATION ON
YOUR PART DOES NOT CONSTITUTE
AN EMERGENCY ON MINE!!!!!

=D>
Labbie

Post by Labbie »

Noona can we please get lab coats or items we can use in Science with that saying on it.

Well done
Regards Labbie

Sassi

Post by Sassi »

ohhhhhhhhhhhhh yes please! I have a sign saying that in my prep room but they all seem to ignore it, grrrr.... But if I had it on my lab coat, I could just simply turn my back to them when they come running in... ahhhh I wish!
macca

Post by macca »

I so so wish I could go to St Mary's Conference.
macca

Post by macca »

Prep. room sign.doc
Couldn't help myself.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Labbie

Post by Labbie »

Can we add to that lovely poster, =D> =D> =D> 24 or 48 hours notice, I will print that off on Friday in colour, oh well done
Regards Labbie

macca

Post by macca »

I've got one somewhere I'll find and post this arvo. :coffee:
Jen1
School: Halls Head Community College
State/Location: WA

Post by Jen1 »

Thanks for that macca, =D>
I have printed it and stuck it above my in tray.
It will be interesting to see how long it takes until they notice it!! :cheesy: :cheesy:
macca

Post by macca »

Practical Notice.doc
Advance Notice.doc
Go Girls :coffee:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sunray18

Post by sunray18 »

love it!
I am going to print it up and put in my prep room...
I BET that people will be offended - and I wonder how long it lasts til I get told to remove it.. but WORTH it!
Lyn
Job Title: Lab Assistant (Technician)
School: St. John's Catholic College
Suburb: Darwin
State/Location: NT

Post by Lyn »

I know I written this before but here goes again. Two campuses, five labs, three prep rooms, flammables/corrosives storage room and twelve teachers. All pracs for the following week are to be in by Thursday lunchtime. Timing usually gets stretched but not by much. Middle school campus has a teachers chronicle, kept in the science prep room, for teachers to write their prac requirements in. These I initial and date so I am aware of any late entries. There is also a black file box for teachers to place pracs if they do not have time to get to the senior side where I have another black file box in the staff area under the staff pigeonholes. All of this was set up with the agreement of all the teachers because life was pretty much becoming hell without some positive organisation. This means I can shop for practicals ahead of time, put in orders for hearts, kidneys etc. It gives a small amount of breathing space. With the teacher chronicle set up the teachers can see if their orders clash for equipment and then they can negotiate with each other as to who uses what and in which period. Works out most times. It will be interesting to find out how they managed this week because I've been sick for the past three days. I have tomorrow to put some order back into my prep rooms.
Lyn.
P.S. Yes I still get last minute orders and yes I still check those black boxes late Friday just in case. Teachers - you've just got to love them occasionally they can be so predictable.