60cm ruler with hole

This forum is for (a) to help other members source materials, and (b) for topics regarding equipment repairs.
RosalieM
Job Title: Lab Assistant
Suburb: Tamworth
State/Location: NSW

60cm ruler with hole

Post by RosalieM »

Hi People!!
Hope you had a good Easter. I had a typical weekend at the beach visiting my parents. Cloudy and windy and cold until the sun came out on Monday morning when we were supposed to leave!!

We have some 60cm wooden rulers which have a small hole half way along which slip over clamps on the retort stand and can be used to balance things. I've had a quick look through some catalogues and haven't seen any. I would like to order some more and am hoping someone here can point me in the right direction??

smiley
State/Location: QLD

Re: 60cm ruler with hole

Post by smiley »

I remember those from when I worked in Canberra. I think we got ours from the old NSW Govt Stores, whatever its current incarnation is. But mine were way old, even in 2001. Good Luck!

Cheers, K 8-)
lada

Post by lada »

I would think Serrata could have them.Give them a ring on 02 9651 3033 =D> =D>
Labbie
Job Title: Retired
Suburb: At Home

Post by Labbie »

We purchased wooden ones from Q-stores, and our TAS dept put the hole in the middle for us.

Has worked very well
Regards Labbie

Lab Manager/Lab Tech, mind reading etc etc
Now retired :wub:
SGG

Post by SGG »

I purchased some from Serrata just at the beginning of the year. They are listed as a set - Lever and Fulcrum - but you can buy just the ruler part. The rulers come with just a hole or with a brass ring.
Regards
Sue G
dolphinscales
Job Title: Laboratory Technican
School: Mandurah Senior College
State/Location: WA

Post by dolphinscales »

Like Sue we brought the 1m rulers and put the holes in ourselves. Cheaper nad fairly easy and fast to do.