Attention Northern Territory Technicians

for anything else that doesn't fit.
Teresa
State/Location: WA

Attention Northern Territory Technicians

Post by Teresa »

Attention Northern Territory Technicians:

Can you help me please?

I would like to establish contact with a School Science Technician in the Northern Territory who has been in the either the State, Catholic or Independent system for some considerable time and would be willing to be part of a small interstate email group and a point of contact for the NT.

Ideally this Technician would have contact with other School Science Technicians throughout the territory and be willing to set up a NT network using their email addresses.

If you are prepared to be a contact person and pass on relevant information to your colleagues in other schools in your territory could you please contact me at
tgigengack@wbc.wa.edu.au
Many Thanks

Regards
Teresa Gigengack
Co-Chair
LABNETWEST Inc
The Association of Science Technicians in Independent Schools in WA
Rowyrow
State/Location: NT

Re: Attention Northern Territory Technicians

Post by Rowyrow »

Hello,
Your right there arn't a whole lot of us up here in the north and the ones there are are new to the job like myself or need to build a cloneing machine to make copies of themselves to cope with thier work loads . I have to say though Chemtalk is FANTASTIC!! :clap3: and is going to be a great help whil im setting up the labs in a brand new school!!
Cheers
Rowann
Labbie
Job Title: Retired
Suburb: At Home
State/Location: NSW

Post by Labbie »

Welcome Rowann, hope you do really enjoy chemtalk. :clap3: :clap3: :clap3: :clap3:
Regards Labbie

Lab Manager/Lab Tech, mind reading etc etc
Now retired :wub:
RosalieM
Job Title: Lab Assistant
Suburb: Tamworth
State/Location: NSW

Post by RosalieM »

I wish I was a technicial in the NT!! Love that place... spent a year on a station about 6hrs SE of Alice. Best year of my life! *sigh* Can't wait to go back on a holiday sometime... but I'll have to keep dreaming a bit longer I think...
Lyn
Job Title: Lab Assistant (Technician)
School: St. John's Catholic College
Suburb: Darwin
State/Location: NT

Post by Lyn »

We don't network face to face and virtually never by phone. That is why the Chemtalk site is so valuable. For me the people on this site are my network even though you're so far away. Darwin has the following high schools: Casuarina Senior College, Dripstone High, Darwin High (Senior and Middle school), Nightcliff High, Sanderson High, Kormilda College, Marrara Christian College, St Johns College (Senior and Middle school), O'Loughlin College, Essington School(preschool-Y10). Palmerston 20km down the track has Palmerston High , Palmerston Christian school(transition -Y10) and the Good Shepherd Lutheran College which now has a middle school at Howard Springs which is about 10km further again and Taminmin High at Humpty Doo. High schools at Katherine, Nhulunbuy, Alice Springs as well as Community Education Centres and the Charles Darwin University. Yes there are a few of us but communication is not a strong point.
Lyn.