Bang goes the theory - Human Power Station

This forum is for (a) to help other members source materials, and (b) for topics regarding equipment repairs.
RosalieM
Job Title: Lab Assistant
Suburb: Tamworth
State/Location: NSW

Bang goes the theory - Human Power Station

Post by RosalieM »

Hi everyone out there :D

I am trying to find out if any schools have recorded a show with the above title, produced by BBC. It was a 1hr program and I saw it a couple of weeks/months ago (the tail end of it, anyway) and didn't think of it again until I heard what one of the classes is covering at the moment and I thought this show would be perfect. They (whoever 'they' are!!) set up a house connected to a heap of cyclists instead of the power grid but they didn't tell the family. It shows how much pedal power is required to produce enough electricity to run various things.

If your school has it (or even you, personally!), would you please let me know? Thanks :)
Narelle01

Re: Bang goes the theory - Human Power Station

Post by Narelle01 »

I know my previous school records a lot of bizzarly titled TV shows from doco channels...so i will drop them a line....pls stand by... :coffee:
Jen1
School: Halls Head Community College
State/Location: WA

Post by Jen1 »

This show is available on dvd for $38 from EnhanceTV.

https://www.enhancetv.com.au/shop/produ ... t=0&page=1

cheers
jen
PS if the link doesnt work go to EnhanceTV.com.au and do a search for human power station
Narelle01

Post by Narelle01 »

Sorry - my previous school didn't record it.
If you knew what station it was on, you can often download the shows from their website...or failing that - purchase as suggested above :popcorn:
RosalieM

Post by RosalieM »

Thanks Narelle and Jen,

I have the librarians working on it (wow - they DO work!!!) and if they don't come up with anything we will hopefully buy it.

I think it is a valuable program as it you can actually SEE the power being used and produced, rather than an abstract idea of a powerstation (who really knows how one of those works???!!)

Rosalie
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Cheers Jazz
RosalieM

Post by RosalieM »

Yes, Jazz, that's the one. The whole show goes for 60 minutes. One of our librarians found it :) Thanks to Jen1 - I printed out the page with the price etc and it had the date it aired and the channel which meant they were able to find it. The classes will be watching it week 1 next term. (last day term 2 here tomorrow!!) Thanks to everyone else who had a go looking for it. I plan to watch it with them :)