Oceans Alive Video

This forum is for (a) to help other members source materials, and (b) for topics regarding equipment repairs.
sunray18
State/Location: NSW

Oceans Alive Video

Post by sunray18 »

We have had this on video for years - was produced in 1992 as a joint operation between ABC TV and Environmental media and marine Grafics in USA. It consisted of 20 five minute segments.
Unfortunately our copy has deteriorated badly, and yet the teachers still want to use it. Has nay one a reasonable quality copy of this that they can send to me? or send me a copy? Ours was recorded under school copyright license. If you have a copy of it, I can organise for our Library to request it from your Library - I think thats how it works...
I have been trying to track it down - ABC don't have the copyright, so they cannot supply it to me. Marine Grafics do.
They have put me onto Box Lunch Media - but again that is a US company [how do I pay for it??] and they don't have it on DVD. The CEO has been in contact but is asking how many students will see it.. so I suppose it may not be worth the effort for him to produce a DVD just for one school.
anyone out there????
souj
State/Location: WA

Re: Oceans Alive Video

Post by souj »

Hi Sunray,
We have a copy of Oceans Alive on VCR but it was recorded by my school prior to 01/07/1990 according to the sticker on it- which is also prior to me working here! The sticker also says "It is illegal to copy this video". Not sure if you might be able to copy it with permission from Marine Graphics or Lunch Box Media. I think we might still want to use it if it was available on DVD. As it is, I found our copy in the archives because we do not have VCR players anymore. That makes me feel REALLY old :-(
jat

Post by jat »

Sorry I can not help with a copy of this video but an interesting sideline for you.

My wife is the teacher librarian here and she was reading a book to a Y2 class. Can not remember the exact title, was something about a missing video, and one boy asked “what’s a video?” Most of the class didn’t know. How times have changed!

John
sunray18

Post by sunray18 »

They tell me DVD is old technology!
I am feeling older all the time......and I wonder how really senior people feel with technology changing so quickly.
BUT there is hope- I have an 86 year old friend, whose family bought her an Apple ipad for her birthday. :)
She has mastered it and uses it allt he time, and when I bought a new Apple Macbook and was totally confused , she came and tutored me on how to use it! :clap3:
so keep smiling - we may be getting old, but that doesn't mean we have lost the plot... :cheesy: