wooden test tube holders

This forum is for (a) to help other members source materials, and (b) for topics regarding equipment repairs.
judyjolly
State/Location: NSW

wooden test tube holders

Post by judyjolly »

Hi Labbies
I must have got a faulty batch of test tube holders (wooden peg type). Not sure where I ordered them from but the teachers have been complaining about them falling apart.
Has anyone else had the same problem?
Any suggestions about where to order them from next time. Perhaps its the same manufacturer supplying many companies.
Judy
kimmy
Job Title: School Lab Assistant
School: Quirindi High School
Suburb: Quirindi

Re: wooden test tube holders

Post by kimmy »

last lot i got were just crap :hitthefan: - we have now changed to the metal type and guess what the kids can not set them alight :redcard: no matter how hard they try. They are a bit more expensive but heaps better. :thumbup:

Kimmy.
bindibadgi
Suburb: Kensington Park
State/Location: SA

Post by bindibadgi »

We bought a bunch of adjustable test tube holders from Haines Educational last year, & they're great.
$3.30 each (GST incl), & they hold any test tube size except little 3ml micro ones (with 10mm diameter).
You just slide the metal clip along to tighten the grip for whichever size you're holding.
DSCF2441.JPG
DSCF2442.JPG
The handles are wooden, but we've had no trouble with pyromaniacs so far. :thumbup:

Kiah
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bindibadgi
lizzieb
Job Title: Labbie

Post by lizzieb »

Thanks, Kiah - I haven't seen that type before. Very clever. \:D/
Liz

Life keeps getting better every day!
judyjolly

Post by judyjolly »

Thanks Kiah and Bindibadgi, I really appreciate your help - this has been really bugging me especially since I have to do the ordering very soon.
Judy