Chemffx Labels

MSDSs, Storage, Handling, Transport, Labeling, computer management systems, and anything else to do with safety.
sunray18
State/Location: NSW

Chemffx Labels

Post by sunray18 »

We use Chemffx. I have been having problems printing up the new GHS labels, as their print option isn't working on my computer. Everything they told me to do did not fix the problem. Our IT couldnt' fix it..
So I have been copying the screen and pasting into a Word document, which then requires formatting!

BUT today I managed to get a PDF to print from their print option - rejoice rejoice!! :clap3:
:rules:
UNTIL - I looked at the 'cut and paste' ones I had done.. the PDf version has 'H' codes in the GHS column. The image on the screen does not and so neither does anything you cut and past across.. :redcard:
I have only spent 3 days doing this - in preparation for next year.. :-(

When am I allowed to scream? :banghead2:

I am watiing for a call back from them about this problem - waiting waiting waiting.... I may still be here when you all get back from holidays!!!
Labbie
Job Title: Retired
Suburb: At Home

Re: Chemffx Labels

Post by Labbie »

All of mine labels have H codes, I had no idea that was wrong??????????????? Thats it I've had it. Scream?????????
Regards Labbie

Lab Manager/Lab Tech, mind reading etc etc
Now retired :wub:
linotas
State/Location: TAS

Post by linotas »

Do you use PC's or Mac's? Chemwatch was not set up for the Mac OS so it has some problems. Most of the problems I have found has been with formatting. I havent had a problem with the Windows.
sunray18

Post by sunray18 »

YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO HAVE H CODES!
My problem is that mine don't have the H codes... I am using Windows..

I got a call back and after 45 mins with the representative, icnluding them taking control of my screen, Chemwatch agreed that Chemffx has a problem. They are going to fix it ! hopefully before the start of next year.
Chemgold is the full version, Chemffx is a mid-range version without some of the extras.
Labbie

Post by Labbie »

Sunray if I can help with labels, I can always fax you some done in GHS systems. Thank god the H Codes are correct. The ladies in the front office help't me and we got the labels done in 4 days.
Regards Labbie

linotas

Post by linotas »

Why the rush? We do not have to be GHS compliant by the 1st of Jan. I am updating my labels as I need to print new ones.
Labbie

Post by Labbie »

No rush, I had the offer of help for 3 three weeks. So I got them to do the easy admin jobs. Print out MSDS in GHS, and print out the lables in GHS format, they paste & copied to their hearts. They seemed very happy. I serviced our microscopes in the same room (The Prep) room incase they needed my help. I have nearly done all 79 microscopes. Roll on the holidays.
Regards Labbie

curie

Post by curie »

You got the office girls to help YOU?!?!?!? :w00t:

I'm expecting to be called on to help the office next week - they are always so busy (talking and gossiping...) It's Friday, I'm getting irritable....
sunray18

Post by sunray18 »

YOU GOT OFFICE TO HELP!
Does Santa Claus live in your Prep room?
OR just what did you use as a bribe?
Labbie

Post by Labbie »

IT was just after the PD day we went to in the city. SAM asked me are you busy, I said yes, Doing what, So I told her, never tell them you are not busy. I think she called my bluff, so down came a officer lady each day for about 2 and half weeks. As they had not done the CSIS at all, I could only ask them to do admin work. So printing out the SDS in GHS system was the way to go. Bet the SAM never ask's if I'm busy again.
Regards Labbie

coxy

Post by coxy »

Wow, I also am impressed! I have done the school calendar up to end of 2014, the Isolation Room booklets for all four terms next year, the Student Handbook for 2012, helped just a little with the School magazine, help SAM with CEPS and writing cheques; all in my spare time of which I have very little. I also attend the LST meetings every fortnight and do the minutes for that, plus am on the school P & C Finance and Canteen Committees as Secretary and do minutes for those monthly meetings (attending both) as well. Front office staff rarely even come down to Science to deliver a message or anything!!!
Labbie

Post by Labbie »

IT was an education for them. Your computer is not as quick as our ones, your printer takes a while to warm up. That sort of thing, I think it gave them some thing to think about.
Regards Labbie

Ilona
Job Title: Lab Assistant
School: Glenmore Park High
Suburb: Glenmore Park

Post by Ilona »

Hi everyone

I am really confused :-o I am still getting my labels from chemgold. I havent heard anything yet about GHS labels and where to get them from. I assume GHS stands for Global Harmony something :-?
I suppose I should just continue what I am doing until I hear something from my HT.
:oops: I assume we will all be using a different labeling system, am I right?
Ilona -Glemore Park High
trish armstrong
Job Title: lab Assistant SAO
School: Taree High School
Suburb: Taree

Post by trish armstrong »

Ilona,
I recently did the chemgold course and Josh the presenter said that the government has not officially signed off on the labels yet, so they haven't changed it but we will notice once they are officially in. As far as chemgold has been told it could take years, but other things like risk assessments etc, all officially start in jan.If you use the risk assessment program on chemgold it is up and changed ready to go. (other words all legal changes to documents have been made already) so just keep printing what they offer as they will be legal.
that's the information that was supplied.
Trish.
Ian
School: Macarthur Anglican School
Suburb: Cobbitty

Post by Ian »

H Codes? Now you have me worried! I have been happily printing out mini GHS labels for my dropper bottles ever since the ASET inservice course (just for the new bottles, which was a LOT as we did a precipitation Prac Test a couple of weeks ago. I use a Mac, and have a stack of codes down the right hand side of the lable, but none with any H's. I will post what my mini label for 1M HCl looks like. Should it look different??
HCl 1M GHS.png
Please let me know if this is not how it should be, as I have been oblivious to any problem until now!

Cheers
Ian :w00t:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Labbie

Post by Labbie »

Ian are'nt you on holiday? What a chap to work during the holiday, my hat off to you. I too would like to know if Ian's mini labels are OK.
Regards Labbie

Ian
School: Macarthur Anglican School
Suburb: Cobbitty

Post by Ian »

Yeah. Been on holidays for a week now (Yipeeeee!) but (shucks) ChemTalk ain't work. You're family!

My kids do "Facebook". I "do" Chemtalk! (sad, I know!)

Happy Christmas all.

Ian :D
Labbie

Post by Labbie »

Not sad at all, Have a safe & happy festive season.
Regards Labbie

fibreweb
School: Oxley High School
Suburb: Tamworth

Post by fibreweb »

I've been looking at the "new" GHS labels form Chemwatch and have noted something that I'm not too happy about.
They don't appear to have a DG class symbol on them at all. :redcard:
Our Chemstores are all arranged according to classes. We have a chemical with a new label on it, we then have to locate somewhere that will tell us what class the chemical is in before we can put it into it's rightful place.

I haven't gone through all my chemicals, just some to see what the labels are like. It seems the Micro labels 14/page have a class symbol and no pictograms whilst the GHS 3 labels on an A4 page have pictograms but no DG class as does the whole page labels.

Seeing that they have the GHS/HSNO codes on the labels logic says that there should be a list of those codes in an accessable place so you know what they all mean.

As with most of you, my HT knew absolutely nothing about the changes occuring on 1st January.
I am still rather confused. I think as I relabel I will probably make them in Publisher and add the class symbol as well.
linotas

Post by linotas »

Fibreweb, do you have an example? The classification and DG codes are different under the GHS, so the pictograms will change. There was a link on here somewhere to some info on the GHS which, with a little bit of searching, I found the new classification and pictograms (whcih you can actually print off the web page) I have the link on my other copmputer if you cant find it.

So maybe the class/pictogram has actually changed on the ones you were looking at?