A general discussion and Q & A forum.
MariaC
School: Central Coast Grammar School
Suburb: Erina Heights
State/Location: NSW

Alternative to Chemwatch?

Post by MariaC »

Hi There,

I was just wondering if anyone out there uses anything other than chemwatch or one of its variants for their sds and chemstore stocktake :unsure: Im just over it and find it the most unuser friendly program ever :mad: MariaC
Labbie
Job Title: Retired
Suburb: At Home

Re: Alternative to Chemwatch?

Post by Labbie »

As the DEC pays for us DEC schools to use Chemwatch, we do not have the money in our little bugets to shop around. But I will be very interested to read about other sites?
Regards Labbie

Lab Manager/Lab Tech, mind reading etc etc
Now retired :wub:
DavidPeterson
Job Title: STEM Resource & Lab Manager
School: Murray Bridge High School
Suburb: Murray Bridge
State/Location: SA

Post by DavidPeterson »

I now use Chemwatch Gold the Online version, however for stock control and Hazardous Substances Register I use my Stock Controller program
DCP 8-)
STEM Resource @ Laboratory Manager
RPAS (Drone) Pilot
Lyn
Job Title: Lab Assistant (Technician)
School: St. John's Catholic College
Suburb: Darwin
State/Location: NT

Post by Lyn »

I use ChemSupply a lot (OK all the time) even though we have Chemgold 3. (Who remembers a password?? :whistling2: ) It is not necessary to login to ChemSupply as it is a public site. I did have a fallback site which is MSDS ONLINE Ajax Finechem, but that comes up as INFOSAFE Chemical Safety Management and if you end up on the page that asks for ID and password then I'm not sure if you can get anything from the site. Try it anyhow. Then failing everything else I trawl the internet. Does it look like I am avoiding Chemgold :whistling2: ?
Lyn.
Lis
Job Title: Laboratory Technician
School: Central Coast Grammar
Suburb: Erina Heights

Post by Lis »

I am the same as Lyn, I use ChemSupply for SDS and Chemwatch for labels, it is SO slow though :crazy: , I usually press print then go make a cuppa :coffee: and if Im lucky they have printed by the time I get back :clap3:
anju thomas
Job Title: Lab Technician
Suburb: Liverpool

Post by anju thomas »

Thanks to Lyn for suggesting a new site.....but I was just wondering whether they have any mini ones and I couldn't get any SDS either from Chemsupply site. Hope I am not the only one here :?
nickyw
State/Location: QLD

Post by nickyw »

I have an excel data sheet for my chem stock and risk etc.

I only use chemgold 3 for labels.

I find sds online mostly - way faster then chemgold 3.
Lyn
Job Title: Lab Assistant (Technician)
School: St. John's Catholic College
Suburb: Darwin
State/Location: NT

Post by Lyn »

I have just googled chem supply and it came up with a number of sites relevant to Chem-Supply. Please just try chem supply msds and you should get onto the public self service site listed. I also noticed that SSA had a site for msds as well. Just type in the product you are needing an sds for and it will come up with the chemical list and then you click the msds function which is part of the info for the chemical. I don't believe they have mini msds for the chemicals.
Lyn.
mtg
Job Title: Lab Tech
School: NDSC
Suburb: west gippsland
State/Location: VIC

Post by mtg »

Oh My Goodness, Thank you for this thread. I too use ChemSupply. I thought it was my computer that was the problem re Chemwatch. IT IS SO SLOWWWWW, and I cant seem to find anything much, and when I do manage to find a label the print is so small the kids and the teachers often grab the wrong strength or even the wrong chemical.- Benedicts soln is not CuSO4 dear-chem-teacher-who-helps-himself-without-his-glasses-... It makes me appreciate chemtalk's site, tho'
malook

Post by malook »

There is a workshop on Chemgold 3 at ASET's PD day on 17th Sept at Sydney Grammar. It will be a hands on event on how to best use the site. I don't have any problems with it ( DET Sydney) & i'm a techniphobe. I keep my stores manifest in Chemwatch so that I'm up to date with any re-classifications of chemicals and can re-house them in the Chem store accordingly. I know that frustration with a site can make you give up, perhaps different licencing has an effect.
Krysia Lee
Job Title: Labbie
School: Brigidine College
Suburb: St Ives

Chemwatch

Post by Krysia Lee »

Hi again
Can anyone tell me please the difference between Chemwatch and Chemffx?
Also is there an updated CSIS available online to non DET schools.
Krysia
Ocean Breeze
Job Title: Lab Manager

Post by Ocean Breeze »

Krysia
Chemwatch is like the governing Continent. ChemFFx is like country within the continent.
Ok that sounds odd.
ChemFFX is a smaller part of ChemGold 3, just has a few less features, but is suitable for all purposes.
That m,ake sense? or not?
ok I am of to have my morning coffee and hopefully wake up :coffee: