Microscopes for Y 7 - Yr 10

This forum is for (a) to help other members source materials, and (b) for topics regarding equipment repairs.
Cin
School: Narrabri High
Suburb: Narrabri
State/Location: NSW

Microscopes for Y 7 - Yr 10

Post by Cin »

We are going to buy some new monocular microscopes for Yr7-Yr10 students to use. HT wants to know if anyone has brought some in the last 12 months & are they any good and if so what brand/model etc

Thanks
Cindy
RosalieM
Job Title: Lab Assistant
Suburb: Tamworth

Re: Microscopes for Y 7 - Yr 10

Post by RosalieM »

Do a search for previous discussion on microscopes. We got ours a few years ago from AIS (Australian Instrument Supplies?) They do a buy two get one free deal all the time so we got 21 for the price of 14. While the individual prices might be slightly higher than some of their competitors, they still came in cheaper over all and they have been very good quality. We haven't had to send any back. They also have very good after sales support and a person came and did a group session in our school for all the labbies and showed us how to clean them and keep them in good condition and showed what we could do to fix them without sending them back if something did happen to go wrong. Unfortunately I can't remember most of it now because I've never had to use it!
nickyw
State/Location: QLD

Post by nickyw »

Hi Cindy

Hows my old stomping ground going??

I was going to say AIS as well. We also got the 2 for 1 deal and their microscope are really good quality.

Stay away from cheaper versions because I got caught thinking I would save some money :redcard: You get what you pay for.

Is knighty and Galvo still teaching there? Say Hi to your lovely sister for me.

Cheers
Cin
School: Narrabri High
Suburb: Narrabri

Post by Cin »

Gday Nicky

All good here in sunny Narrabri. Yeh Galvo & Knighty still here. Jenny said to say hello.

Cindy