SASS Appreciation Week

for anything else that doesn't fit.
Whspa
State/Location: NSW

SASS Appreciation Week

Post by Whspa »

Year 12 is hosting a lunch in TAS for the SASS staff, so I'm off to be appreciated :D
I've mentioned in the staffroom that it's time to appreciate me, but they just laughed. :cry2:

Carol
Labbie
Job Title: Retired
Suburb: At Home

Re: SASS Appreciation Week

Post by Labbie »

Good on your school. Yes its time to appreciate all the great work the S.A.O. School Admin officer, does. In some part's are we still called SASS or SAO (Like a biscuit)

Our school has never done any thing for the SAO's
Regards Labbie

Lab Manager/Lab Tech, mind reading etc etc
Now retired :wub:
rae
School: Oxley College
Suburb: Burradoo

Post by rae »

Hi Carol
What a great idea!! I'll have to work on that here.
We are definately under appreciated.

Lorrae
Ocean Breeze
Job Title: Lab Manager

Post by Ocean Breeze »

Great Carol! WOW!
cheltie

Post by cheltie »

Hope you have a great lunch.
The SASS staff here got all excited as in the weeks event sheet it said there was a SASS morning tea on Monday. We all turned up but it was an error and was just a meeting letting us know there might be some changes next term.
Oh well you can only live in hope!
Helen
J
Job Title: Lab Assistant
School: DHS

Post by J »

Our Principal took us for a yummy breakfast at a local coffee shop this morning! =D> We feel very appreciated (for today anyway) and the whole staff are bringing in morning tea for us on friday. :D It's a shame that next week we'll be invisible again, but let's make the most of it while we can. :coffee: :whistling2:

Julie
Slartibartfast
State/Location: QLD

Post by Slartibartfast »

We had a morning tea this morning and received about a kilo of cake each and a school biro! Result! I know my staff love me here in Science, the rest of the school, well, I wouldn't have a clue who most of them are so it doesn't matter what they think! Did you have Ox tongue with Bock Choi and Cos Cos for breakfast this morning Julie?!! :yuck:Just Joking! It's great they do that for your SAO team there.
Richard Hollinworth
Disease diagnosis and extension services
DPI&F
Biosecurity Sciences Laboratory
rae

Post by rae »

I thought you were kidding when you said it was SASS appreciation week!!
Is it really??
Wow I really will have to do something about it!!

Lorrae
Labbie

Post by Labbie »

Did you not get your Posters, balloons, stickers, little boxes from PSA, they were sent out last week. Oh Yes it is SASS Appreciate week, the theme is

SAS Staff at the Heart of Education. A pink heart instead of the word.
Regards Labbie

fibreweb
School: Oxley High School
Suburb: Tamworth

Post by fibreweb »

We had a morning tea yesterday supplied for us by the principal.

At least it's good to know your appreciated, even if it is only one week a year, and it would have been a SASS that brought it to the attention of the hierachy.

I have been notified this morning of an across the board prac test for all of year 10 (210 students) to be done on the first 2 days of next term. 4 classes at once on monday, the other 3 on tuesday.

For that lesson on monday I have to supply over 700 test tube ( I wonder how many will come back broken!), 120 test tube racks, 120 watch glasses, 120 beakers and stirring rods. Add to that 40 dropper bottles of HCl, 40 of Iodine, and 40 sets of specimin jars containing 5 unknown powders, 40 Bunsen burners and tripods. ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8O

At least they have given me a respectable amount of notice, I've just started to figure it out. I think I can cover it but it will take a lot of moving of gear between labs and just about every piece of equipment the school possess

I hope they appreciate me after this!!! =D>
rae

Post by rae »

Must be a public school initiative because we are an independent school and haven't heard a word. I'm feeling severly neglected!!
ELIZABETH
School: O'Connor Catholic College
Suburb: Armidale

Post by ELIZABETH »

Yeah, sorry Rae - in the independent and religious systems, there is no set week for appreciation of us!
Liz :-(
cactus155
Job Title: Laboratory Guru
School: Claremont College
Suburb: Claremont
State/Location: TAS

Post by cactus155 »

Very interesting, the name of the week sounds familar oh thats where I heard it before as the Tasmanian Branch of the Australian Education Union ran a Conference in 2006 during Support Staff Week and that had the name "Support Staff - The Heart of Education" and this years conference still used that as part of the flyer.

Our school didn't do anything but it was good having a meeting of Support Staff from schools
Labbie

Post by Labbie »

We are going out to lunch on Friday. I Believe the DP's will be doing the phones, could be fun.
Regards Labbie

rp

Post by rp »

Hi All !
I got an annonamous card and a mars bar from RAK. I had no idea who RAK was, (it almost reminds me of the old days of Valentine Day Cards) -very exciting. I found out later that it meant "Random Acts of Kindness".
Our principal bought us a nice cake and my science teachers took me to the club for lunch (no alcohol of course).
So that was really nice. They know they will get good service if they play their cards right.
Rhonda
bindi

Post by bindi »

SASS have now put letters after their names here in our school we have to amuse each other some way!!
eg P Jones BIF our finance person (Bitch in Finance),
G Jones SA our purchase officer (Source all)
B Jones CDE me the lab tech (can do everything)
ther are more!
J

Post by J »

I was given a lovely bunch of flowers at our faculty meeting this morning! :D :wub:

Julie
Ian
School: Macarthur Anglican School
Suburb: Cobbitty

Post by Ian »

Must be a "Public System" thing. I marked 500 multi-choice exam papers this week (Yearly, 7 - 10 Yearlys) and then got in trouble for not having the pot of tea made on time for morning tea! I did get a chocolate frog on my desk though, so can not complain too much.

Does anybody have a recipe for scones that can be cooked in a microwave? (that is the latest request from my staff.- they are a nice bunch, all the same)

Ian
J

Post by J »

Just found this on the Net. Can't vouch for its success or otherwise.
:whistling2:
Julie
J

Post by J »

Sorry. Forgot to paste it in. #-o
Here's a quick microwave scone recipe. (Times are for a 650-700 watt oven) 5-Minute Scones: 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, 125ml milk, 2 cups self raising flou,r 1 teaspoon baking powder, 2 teaspoons sugar. Place the butter in a small bowl and microwave on High for 25-30 seconds. Stir into dry ingredients with the milk. Mix to a soft but not sticky dough. Turn the dough out onto a floured board. Pat the dough out and cut into 12 scones. Arrange the scones on non-stick paper on the microwave oven carousel. Microwave on High for 3-4 minutes until light and well risen. If you like you can brown quickly under a conventional grill. This recipe will (hopefully!) turn out very similar to conventionally cooked scones but they will not brown and won't have a dry crust.

Julie