Ian
Job Title: Lab Assistant
School: Macarthur Anglican School
Suburb: Cobbitty
State/Location: NSW

Welcome Back to 2008!

Post by Ian »

Hi all,
Welcome back to 2008. I start back at work tomorrow, (Monday). :-( I was jus wondering if I am on my own or if there are any oher labbies back at work at the moment.
I look forward to hearing from you if you are there. :coffee:
regards
Ian :D
cactus155
Job Title: Laboratory Guru
School: Claremont College
Suburb: Claremont
State/Location: TAS

Re: Welcome Back to 2008!

Post by cactus155 »

Hi there Ian

I have been back at work a week now, just going through the MSDS's and updating the ones older than 5 years and also going through the inventory to see what we have and what we need.

Andrew
franco
Job Title: Lab Technician
School: Tuart College
Suburb: Tuart Hill
State/Location: WA

Post by franco »

Hi Ian and Andrew,

I've been back since January 7, but by choice. I moved here at the start of last year and still have much to do so am taking full advantage of the peace and quiet without teachers and students, as I guess you're doing too. Helps make the start of the year a little less chaotic for me also.

Regards,
Fran
kimm
State/Location: QLD

Post by kimm »

Hi Ian
I too have been back for a week - by choice - while there is still an inch of sanity in the place (and i am escaping the mango pick at home). Alot of our girls will be caught out west in the flood zones - so it still may be a quiet start to the year.
cheers
Kim.
Ocean Breeze
Job Title: Lab Manager

Post by Ocean Breeze »

Hi Ian.. Hi all...

I came back Mon 21 st, but this is the first time that I have been able to get near my computer.
:w00t: :-({|=
Ian
School: Macarthur Anglican School
Suburb: Cobbitty

Post by Ian »

Good to hear from you all!
Monday and Tuesday, for me, have been sort of "breaking in" days; sorting myself out and getting myself organised. Today, my HT is back and so the year has started in earnest! Photocopying programs, class lists, issuing text books so the teachers just have to hand them out, and the occasional trip to the Ag plot to help out the "Farm Manager" with various "two man jobs"
I have enjoyed hearing from you all so far.
Keep up the good work!

regards
Ian :-)
Slartibartfast
State/Location: QLD

Post by Slartibartfast »

G'day all! Well, aren't some of you very keen with these early (compared to me) returns to 2008!!!! Walked in this morning with the loss of no fish and to find my beautiful female yabbie (Mavis) is expecting AGAIN! Staff development day here today so a time to catch a kip in between gearing up for the year ahead here in Science! Look forward to the year ahead with my Chemtalk mates!! Welcome Back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :w00t: :w00t:
Richard Hollinworth
Disease diagnosis and extension services
DPI&F
Biosecurity Sciences Laboratory
cactus155
Job Title: Laboratory Guru
School: Claremont College
Suburb: Claremont
State/Location: TAS

Post by cactus155 »

Its another 10 days till the teachers start again and 12 days until the students start again in Southern Tasmania, as we have a public holiday on the 11th of Feb. (only the South), I think North, North East and North West schools teachers start on the 11th of Feb. and Students on the 12th or the 13th
RosalieM
Suburb: Tamworth

Post by RosalieM »

I started back last Monday and our kids started today. I got so much done that week without kids! Then the public holiday to recover from the shock of returning to work after 7 weeks holiday... Also had the country music festival last week so I had a great time going to concerts, the cavalcade and dodgying through the crowds, although I am glad the town isn't that full all year round! Hope you all have a good year.
Labbie
Job Title: Retired
Suburb: At Home

Post by Labbie »

Yes welcome back every one, do hope you all had a great holiday, and are all ready for a great and BUSY 2008. I had 6 weeks off, due to a bad left ankle, nice to be able to walk again, can not quite run or dance, but I am getting their. I have to see to my fume cupboards, I have none. But welcome every one
Regards Labbie

Lab Manager/Lab Tech, mind reading etc etc
Now retired :wub: