Ian
Job Title: Lab Assistant
School: Macarthur Anglican School
Suburb: Cobbitty
State/Location: NSW

Dish Washers?

Post by Ian »

Hi gang!

It is budget time again! My Head Teacher has asked me to get a price for a Dish Washer to put in as a budget request. Can anybody advise me what is a good or appropriate dish washer for a Science Department? Do we have special ones or will a domestic one do? What should I avoid? Where do you get it?

Thanks for your help

Ian
J
Job Title: Lab Assistant
School: DHS

Re: Dish Washers?

Post by J »

A couple of years ago I requested some money from the P&C. They are very helpful if it benefits their kids' education and they have a little money to spare. I approached a few of the larger electrical appliance stores for quotes. They were very obliging when I said it was for a school. A domestic one is ok. I just asked for one with lots of vertical spikes to put test tubes etc. on. We ended up with a Fisher and Paykel. The model doesn't matter as they'd have lots of new ones since then. Cost about $650.00 at the time. It's the best thing! :wub: I love it!

Julie
cactus155
Job Title: Laboratory Guru
School: Claremont College
Suburb: Claremont
State/Location: TAS

Post by cactus155 »

Slartibartfast
State/Location: QLD

Post by Slartibartfast »

Yup, check out the previous comprehensive forums that Andrew has posted a link to, any dishwasher is a blessing for labbies, we have 2 and I consider them affectionately as family (Lavern & Shirley I've named them) although they do a much better job on glassware than carbon based family members ever would.
Richard Hollinworth
Disease diagnosis and extension services
DPI&F
Biosecurity Sciences Laboratory
Bob
State/Location: WA

Post by Bob »

Specifically look out for ones with spikes rather than loops to hold bottles, test tubes etc.
Also see if the spike racks are removable so that larger objects can be accommodated.
The trays should also be removable to assist in cleaning, and it should work without the top tray/rack to hold larger objects.
Bob (:-})>
N.W. Regional Technician. W.A.
Nothing is certain -- only probable or improbable.
Labbie
Job Title: Retired
Suburb: At Home

Post by Labbie »

Hi Everyone
I was wondering if anyone uses Omega ,bench top dishwasher ,if you happy with it and if it is worth it the money. we thinking in buy one lots to wash not enough space in lab for a big dishwasher
Thanks in advance for any replies

This is from Celia1
Regards Labbie

Lab Manager/Lab Tech, mind reading etc etc
Now retired :wub: