estelle
Job Title: VIP
School: Wollumbin High
Suburb: Murwillumbah
State/Location: NSW

Re: Diazo paper

Post by estelle »

Good alternative Rita,
I always wonder what will happen if a tax audit happens to me and I have diligently kept all my receipts. In a few years time they aren't going to show anything because they fade away to nothing. Maybe its a way to legitimately do a tax dodge.
smiley
State/Location: QLD

Post by smiley »

I'm absolutely certain ProfBunsen sells something that one can paint onto paper, making it light sensitive. I made up a stack a couple of years ago. The kids place objects, e.g. keys, paperclips, paper cut-outs, onto the paper and leave it in the sun for a while. The you "develop" it by rinsing it in water. The picture seems to disappear and you think "Oh NO!" 8O but then it reappears, and it is permanent.
Cheers, K 8-)
bigmack
Job Title: Lab Technician
School: FCAC
State/Location: QLD

Post by bigmack »

Teacher wanted to do the Iron filings magnet thing . Our Diazo paper is dated 1980 . Its all gone off . #-o

Interested in the Shopper docket paper Rita . :thumbup: How do you use it ? I belief it is thermal sensitive paper but it does fade in the sun .
So I'm wondering should we heat it to make it go dark and then expose it to the sun ( with the iron filings etc on it ) to make the exposed bits fade.

Hmmm I feel an experiment coming up .
Ocker
Job Title: Lab attendant
State/Location: NSW

Post by Ocker »

It was used to copy plans on transparent paper exposed to light then lightly spray with ammonia solution to set image but with modern plotters I think it would be obselet