Pepsin & egg white suspension practical

If you have technical problems or general questions on how to use the forum, please post here.
franco
Job Title: Lab Technician
School: Tuart College
Suburb: Tuart Hill
State/Location: WA

Pepsin & egg white suspension practical

Post by franco »

Hi everyone,

I'm sure I saw an enzyme experiment using egg white suspension and pepsin on Chemtalk. Have had a quick look through the forums but drawn a blank.
Has anyone got a copy they can post here please.

Many thanks in advance,
Fran
labman
State/Location: SA

Re: Pepsin & egg white suspension practical

Post by labman »

Hi Fran,
The experiment, and other info are in a forum titled "Saliva Experiments". You will find it under Chemistry and Labware General on Page 2. Rather than trying to remember where you saw it, you might find the "search" helpful in these instances. Just type in a key word that relates specifically to the prac you're after, and usually you'll come up with what you need.
Cheers,
Lisa
franco

Post by franco »

Thanks for the advice Lisa. Yesterday I tried a search using pepsin and egg white as key words. Today I tried saliva experiments and came up with the same results, give or take a post. The only experiment I can see is the attachment using junket, which I already have. Perhaps I'm missing something. But in the meantime, if anyone has the experiment I'm after (for the biol lab tech), I'd really appreciate a copy.

Many thanks,
Fran
rae
School: Oxley College
Suburb: Burradoo
State/Location: NSW

Post by rae »

Hi,
If you give me your fax number I can send pepsin and egg whit prac to you. It is out of a prac book called Titan Education Biology under maintaining a balance. The prac is the effect of pH on enzyme activity.

Lorrae
franco

Post by franco »

Hi Lorrae,
Thank you very much for this.
My fax number is (08) 9444 8538.
Cheers,
Fran
labman
State/Location: SA

Post by labman »

Hi Fran,
It sounds like you were in the right place, but maybe didn't scroll right down. There was more than one experiment in that attachment. Never mind, I see someone else has helped you out, so it's all good.
Cheers,
Lisa