Textbooks & Pettycash

Any discussions concerning the job go here.
jamie
Job Title: Lab Assistant-SAO
School: Katoomba High
Suburb: Katoomba
State/Location: NSW

Textbooks & Pettycash

Post by jamie »

I have just been told by my SAM
that from 2014 I am not to have anything to do with Textbooks(covering,loans,repairs etc) and Petty Cash is the Head Teachers job and shopping not to be done by me. :?
I don't mind doing those jobs ,have for years but I have been told that all other Head Teachers look after their books etc and so should Science!
my day has got worse :crazy:
Labbie
Job Title: Retired
Suburb: At Home

Re: Textbooks & Pettycash

Post by Labbie »

Yes same thing here, SAM has spoken, No more any thing, I do not do photocopying, Repairs to books, (They go thourgh the Library) Photocopying (THe Photocopying Lady) Orders, the Head of Science has to do it. No petty cash, No shopping, at all.
Other Head teachers do not have a Labbie (Or Helper) so they are complanning, so it back to the dark ages.
We can only order on line, Cooking as well as Science. No more shopping trips.
Regards Labbie

Lab Manager/Lab Tech, mind reading etc etc
Now retired :wub:
Labbie

Post by Labbie »

We do not have Petty cash, as we are one of 229 school trailing this new system out, no more going out for shopping, in fact our cars must stay in the same spot through out the day, and NO we can not got on foot. Next year we will get a budgets by term, and X amount for chemicals, x amount for equipment etc, you can not go over, and if you do not spend it, hard luck. Bills are going to be paid by Region office Direct Payment, NO cash.

Also new time table for SAO 2 days in Science, 2 days in Cooking 1 day Library. I've been here for years.

But that is life
Regards Labbie

superbug

Post by superbug »

Hi All,

I tried to intro online shopping from woolies but was told NO. I must go out and do the shopping myself. We dont have petty cash here so If i cant buy it on account eg with woolies in store, I have to use my own money and wait till i get it back. wish I had your problem.
Also our library covers our books but HOD decides what we need to get.
We still have a yearly budget which we cant overspend but if we dont spend it, it's gone.
superbug
Labbie

Post by Labbie »

We are only trying out this new system, only one of 229 schools, we are all going the same way, or so we have been told. No one is covered by Insurance if you go out in your private cars, unless the school has a car it loans to you. We are not even covered to and from work any more, Barry changed that last
Regards Labbie

dime

Post by dime »

SAOs cars have never been covered to use for shopping trips. That is why I jacked up ages ago, and why SAO in TAS did too. But the Principal at the time bullied her about it and among other things she left. So the new lady (temp) does use her car. I have told her repeatedly that she shouldn't but she doesn't want to cause waves, and wants the job. Once again power and bully rules.
As for petty cash, we have never had it. Our SAM said it was contrary to the rules all along. So we have to have an account where ever we want to buy stuff. It is limiting, so if a teacher wants something say from a chemist, I tell them that they have to buy it themselves.
J
Job Title: Lab Assistant
School: DHS

Post by J »

The PSA person at the conference told us that they had taken out insurance for members travelling to and from work, to cover us for what Barry took away.
lada

Post by lada »

I used to do shopping and then wait (a long time) for a refund. When I complained (and complained and..) I was given a float of $250. When used up, I apply for new one. Usually once per term. But I was told I have to use school's car. Does not worry me.
So still do shopping for every day items.
Lada
jamie
Job Title: Lab Assistant-SAO
School: Katoomba High
Suburb: Katoomba

Post by jamie »

I always shop after school in my time and I have never complained about it but I think you are right Labbie in saying other Head Teachers don't like Science having a helper.Some drive me nuts as they always make a comment on how lucky Science are to have a Labbie.
macca
Job Title: Mind Reader

Post by macca »

This is the example only I was given by a barrister at the begining of this year, not specifically relating to schools but to the new workers compensation guide lines.

You get in your car, you leave school grounds your covered by third party.
You get out of your car in a parking lot and "fall over" you are covered by whoever owns the parking lot.
You walk into a shopping plaza "fall over" you are covered by whoever owns the shopping plaza.
You walk into a shop eg; Big W "fall over" you are covered by whoever owns Big W.

Even if you had been hurt under the old workers compensation system when you were out and about the insurance (workers Compensation) company would then argue that it was one of the above who was liable.

Never mind which ever way you look at it if you get hurt at work or out of work you will have one hell of a fight on your hands :redcard: