Dropper bottle teats

This forum is for (a) to help other members source materials, and (b) for topics regarding equipment repairs.
Merilyn1
Job Title: Labbie
School: Wollondilly Anglican College
Suburb: Tahmoor
State/Location: NSW

Re: Dropper bottle teats

Post by Merilyn1 »

Thanks for the update, Richard. I'm not sure if even these ones are still available, might need to get onto MTA who have bought Serrata to see if they can help us out. If we can use the black ones on a lot of solutions, it will keep us out of trouble for a few years.
Otherwise, no luck from anyone being able to supply the red rubber teats on their own. There is a labbie on the ASET email list in NSW who has been trying to source them, but without success.
Lyn
Job Title: Lab Assistant (Technician)
School: St. John's Catholic College
Suburb: Darwin
State/Location: NT

Post by Lyn »

Are the red rubber teats available on the Westlab site not the right size for what you require? Seems only logical to check what our lab tech site benefactor has to offer.
Merilyn1

Post by Merilyn1 »

Don't think they are the right ones Lyn. Just looked at the photo on the website of "Teats Rubber". They don't have the rim around the bottom that holds them into the white plastic cap of the dropper assembly. I don't usually buy from the benefactor, regardless.
macca
Job Title: Mind Reader

Post by macca »

I don't have any dropper bottles anymore all in stull bottles no more contamination, less spills and very little deterioration. Silver nitrate bottles are covered in foil been using like that for 8-9 years now not a problem. Iodine in amber regent bottles kid use disposable droppers.

So much easier, 125ml bottles so don't need to be filled as often.

Have never had a problem with kids squirting, our teachers had the same thoughts. :D
MariaQ
Job Title: Boss
School: Central Coast Grammar

Post by MariaQ »

Yep I discovered this yesterday!
bigmack
Job Title: Lab Technician
School: FCAC
State/Location: QLD

Post by bigmack »

Merilyn1 wrote: 24 Jun 2019, 16:47 I'm not sure if even these ones are still available, might need to get onto MTA who have bought Serrata to see if they can help us out. If we can use the black ones on a lot of solutions, it will keep us out of trouble for a few years.
The old Serrata link now brings you to MTA ....seems like they only changed over a few days ago . But yes MTA have them ( the black silicone ones )

Interestingly the MTA ( Serrata) web catalog seems much easier to use than the old Serrata one
bigmack

Post by bigmack »

macca wrote: 25 Jun 2019, 12:08 I don't have any dropper bottles anymore all in stull bottles no more contamination, less spills and very little deterioration. Silver nitrate bottles are covered in foil been using like that for 8-9 years now not a problem. Iodine in amber regent bottles kid use disposable droppers.
Macca , how do the labels stay on the stull bottles ? I 'm just thinking they would be soft and squeezy and labels wouldn't stick to well
Merilyn1

Post by Merilyn1 »

I have bought some things from MTA - their printed catalogue was HUGE, but not a lot of science stuff. I guess Serrata will fill a gap. The things I bought from MTA (some embedded specimens) were very good quality. I might try the black silicon ones next time I'm ordering.
Thanks again, Richard, for the update.
Prima
Job Title: Lab assistant

Post by Prima »

bigmack wrote: 25 Jun 2019, 14:55
macca wrote: 25 Jun 2019, 12:08 I don't have any dropper bottles anymore all in stull bottles no more contamination, less spills and very little deterioration. Silver nitrate bottles are covered in foil been using like that for 8-9 years now not a problem. Iodine in amber regent bottles kid use disposable droppers.
Macca , how do the labels stay on the stull bottles ? I 'm just thinking they would be soft and squeezy and labels wouldn't stick to well
I've bought two different types of "Stuhl" bottles. One was good quality, firm plastic. The other was very thin, soft and over-flexible. I use the cheaper version for detergent, oil, etc, and keep the better quality ones for chemicals. I can't remember who I bought them from, sorry!
macca
Job Title: Mind Reader

Post by macca »

Hi Prima & Bigmack,

I purchase mine from Hains educational only buy the 125ml you can buy extra caps if need be. I don't have any trouble with the labels (Risk Assess), use laser printer on A4 paper and just use sticky tape over the top.

Students and teachers are all aware and taught from Yr7 that all lids are to be closed before returning to prep room.
bigmack

Post by bigmack »

bigmack wrote: 25 Jun 2019, 14:53
Merilyn1 wrote: 24 Jun 2019, 16:47 I'm not sure if even these ones are still available, might need to get onto MTA who have bought Serrata to see if they can help us out. If we can use the black ones on a lot of solutions, it will keep us out of trouble for a few years.
The old Serrata link now brings you to MTA ....seems like they only changed over a few days ago . But yes MTA have them ( the black silicone ones )

Interestingly the MTA ( Serrata) web catalog seems much easier to use than the old Serrata one
Note: $4.50 it for a 10 pack not each
https://www.teaching.com.au/search?acti ... pe=product