Are MTA still in business??

This forum is for (a) to help other members source materials, and (b) for topics regarding equipment repairs.
MariaQ
Job Title: Boss
School: Central Coast Grammar
State/Location: NSW

Are MTA still in business??

Post by MariaQ »

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know if MTA (took over Serrata) are still viable? They havent answered any emails for weeks, I just tried to place order to their sales email and it bounced back and just tried their 1800 number and not working??

Cheers MariaQ
Merilyn1
Job Title: Labbie
School: Wollondilly Anglican College
Suburb: Tahmoor

Re: Are MTA still in business??

Post by Merilyn1 »

Just got a delivery from them last week. I'm wondering if they are just having internet issues.
MariaQ

Post by MariaQ »

All good I called head office, they are having problems with email and 1800 number, a smart business would put something up on their website
melsid
Job Title: Lab Rat
School: PHS

Post by melsid »

As it happens, we had our MTA sales rep here yesterday doing his show & tell. He then joined a group of us labbies for dinner afterwards. It might be an idea to find out who your rep is - they can often give better prices than the stock ones on the website.
MariaQ

Post by MariaQ »

:cheesy: Sorry, shouldn't laugh but the rep for this area hasn't answered any of the emails I've sent her and Ive rang numerous times. I did get to speak with her once but she never followed up on my enquiry :-o MariaQ
melsid
Job Title: Lab Rat
School: PHS

Post by melsid »

MariaQ wrote: 06 Dec 2019, 11:02 :cheesy: Sorry, shouldn't laugh but the rep for this area hasn't answered any of the emails I've sent her and Ive rang numerous times. I did get to speak with her once but she never followed up on my enquiry :-o MariaQ
What a shame! Our rep Bill is great - sends regular emails, rings, answers his phone or returns missed calls asap. :clap3:
bigmack
Job Title: Lab Technician
School: FCAC
State/Location: QLD

Post by bigmack »

melsid wrote: 11 Dec 2019, 07:46
MariaQ wrote: 06 Dec 2019, 11:02 :cheesy: Sorry, shouldn't laugh but the rep for this area hasn't answered any of the emails I've sent her and Ive rang numerous times. I did get to speak with her once but she never followed up on my enquiry :-o MariaQ
What a shame! Our rep Bill is great - sends regular emails, rings, answers his phone or returns missed calls asap. :clap3:
What is a shame is that he offers monthly specials and rep specials and discounts but with the new payment system ,it won't work because MTA are in Qld . I don't understand the full issue but that was the problem the office had when they tried to process a "specials" order . A talk with Bill and no solution could be found . :-(
Merilyn1
Job Title: Labbie
School: Wollondilly Anglican College
Suburb: Tahmoor

Post by Merilyn1 »

I saw yesterday that MTA have advertised for a sale rep. Based at Brookvale (Sydney) and the pay was $80,000. For that money, I'd want them to answer my emails, return calls etc!
J
Job Title: Lab Assistant
School: DHS

Post by J »

I've had so much trouble getting things paid for properly and dealing with the discounts offered by Bill and then not followed through on the invoices, also large orders come in in dribs and drabs, so I have to do multiple confirmations for each order.
I can only throw my hands in the air and not order from them any more. :redcard: