Lenses

A general discussion and Q & A forum.
bindi
State/Location: NSW

Lenses

Post by bindi »

Hi All!
Busy start to the year.. extra classes and just little ole me..

Need some ideas how to store lenses, I would love some sort of slotted tray system where you get the visual if all are collected, if they are mixed focal length, concave mixed with convex etc.

What does everyone else do , they are a nightmare every time they come back!!!! If they get them all back!!!! :w00t:
dolphinscales
Job Title: Laboratory Technican
School: Mandurah Senior College
State/Location: WA

Re: Lenses

Post by dolphinscales »

We colour code ours by using perm marker on the edges and store in these niffty wooded boxes my hubby made for us - though i have seen similar in a cat just recently... will try and find for you. The colours make it easy to see if the lenses have been put back in the right place without having to inspect to hard

is this what you need as in idea???
sharonm

Post by sharonm »

I use an A3 paper box with a piece of foam purchased from clark rubber. Slits are cut in the foam in rows and slot the lenses in. The inside wall of the box is labeled so they are put away in order. Having the lenses tagged with permanent marker would be great.
trish armstrong
Job Title: lab Assistant SAO
School: Taree High School
Suburb: Taree

Post by trish armstrong »

Hi I have my lenses standing upright in a piece of thick packaging foam which is cut to the size of a draw, someone (wasn't me) has carefully cut out holes to fit the lenses to the right size. works well for us.
Trish
estelle
Job Title: VIP
School: Wollumbin High
Suburb: Murwillumbah

Post by estelle »

I saw a box for lenses in the Westlab catalogue yesterday as I was doing an order however it only holds 6 lenses. $4.00each or $3.65 if you buy 10 at a time. Item no. 081203-999
Estelle