storage

for anything else that doesn't fit.
RosalieM
Job Title: Lab Assistant
Suburb: Tamworth
State/Location: NSW

storage

Post by RosalieM »

Hi People! I was just wondering if any of you out there with storage solutions have any photos you could send through for ideas? Photos of compactors would be good... Or tote tray storage things etc. I've done some searches on here and found a few which I've printed out - so thanks for those!! We are just getting ideas at this stage. I have no promises of a refurbished lab, but if it does happen I at least want it to be a useful refurbishment!!
nickyw
State/Location: QLD

Re: storage

Post by nickyw »

labs 016.jpg
labs 013.jpg
labs 015.jpg
labs 017.jpg
labs 021.jpg

Here are a few photos of our refurbished prep rooms after our fire in 2005. The photos were taken back then so we actually have a lot more stock now - but 3 and a half years later we still have heaps of storage room and we even have empty cupboards. The labby that planned it all did an excellent job.

Hope this helps. Sorry if I have stuffed this up but its the first time I have attatched a picture.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cuishie
State/Location: WA

Post by Cuishie »

Hi nickyw

Wow, how great does your storage space look. Mine is all the really old (35 odd years) storage shelves and I'd be thinking that they will be the same for at least the next 35 odd years too.
I suppose I can dream of having nice new shelving, I think that's about as close as I'm going to get to it in my lifetime!!!
RosalieM
Job Title: Lab Assistant
Suburb: Tamworth

Post by RosalieM »

WOW! Looks great! If I get anything I don't think it will be quite that flash... I would really like to replace our drawers with something else as they are so shallow. I can't even try to keep the items in them tidy and organised using takeaway containers because they don't quite fit! A wall full of tote trays or one like the red containers in your photo would be wonderful!! Till then I'll keep dreaming... :)
dime

Post by dime »

Boy, that is sure flash. They moved a storeroom of ours only last year, and would you believe, the principal made them use the old chipboard shelving ie 40 years old, and reassemble in the new room. I was disgusted, as I was supposed to move everything out, so the shelving could be moved. I told the principal what I thought of his idea, (not my best move - he was furious), and refused saying I was not a removalist. The GA got help and did it. So they paid labour for a day instead of buying new board: how clever was that. Not to mention the room looks pathetic. The old storeroom was used to extend the Industrial Arts staffroom so they could have a ping pong table in it and of course the principal is ex industrial arts. Old Boys club. Can't beat it.
Lyn
Job Title: Lab Assistant (Technician)
School: St. John's Catholic College
Suburb: Darwin
State/Location: NT

Post by Lyn »

Hi Nicky,
Does the wall of red containers hold your chemical solutions? If so do you know the supplier of this storage solution or perhaps the name of the storage component itself so I can look it up on the internet. This looks like the type of storage setup that is required to keep our audit person happy.
Thanks Lyn.
lizzieb
Job Title: Labbie

Post by lizzieb »

Love it Nicky - I want one too! Is there a smilie for green?
Liz

Life keeps getting better every day!
nickyw

Post by nickyw »

Hi Lynda

The red containers on the wall do hold all our made up solutions. Believe it or not we could use more, never thought we would fill them up but we have. I'm pretty sure we purchased them from the SDS catalogue (not sure if you have that it NT) but its a Qld Education supplies catalogue.

I recommend this style of shelving its so easy, portable and durable. Anything to make our job easier is a good thing. \:D/
lizzieb
Job Title: Labbie

Post by lizzieb »

So the red containers effectively act to bundy the solutions too. What a brilliant idea!
I presume it's one chemical per tray ie. the various deifferent molarities of the same chemical solution?
Liz

Life keeps getting better every day!
nickyw

Post by nickyw »

Yes thats right Liz. They can hold 2 class sizes of dropper bottles - 8 per class (16 all up) easily. I'm telling you its a very very practical way of storing solutions. I love my prep rooms.....now if only they were air conditioned ......... 8-[