i TEC 09 - NW NSW

General announcements, eg upcoming science meetings, national lab tech seminars, Chemtalk announcements, etc.
lizzieb
Job Title: Labbie
State/Location: NSW

i TEC 09 - NW NSW

Post by lizzieb »

Just want to advise Labbies from the New England Region about this Conference coming up - we heard about it at out RSRG committee meeting yesterday.
Apologies for the private schools - this is only for DET staff.

i TEC 09 - Innovative use of Technology in Education Conference is being held in Tamworth over 3 days at the beginning of Term 2, and all school staff are eligible to attend.

The idea is to raise skills and also awareness of new and innovative technologies. There are lots of options to choose from, up to 25 choices per session.

The full course information will be in Friday's In Principal.

The NW RSRG will cover the fees for SASS.

Full day Full day courses are running on the Wednesday. There will be one for GA's and Farm Assistants, and another, hopefully, for Science Assistants, to cover the things that were most requested in the surveys sent out last year. If it is offered, it will be very valuable training opportunity for Casuals, particularly those new to Science.
Please promote this to your SAMS.
Liz

Life keeps getting better every day!
lizzieb
Job Title: Labbie

Re: i TEC 09 - NW NSW

Post by lizzieb »

Sorry everyone - I've been informed that the proposed whole-day science training will not go ahead this time after all. :cry2:
It's disappointing, because it was a great opportunity to offer some sessions geared towards casuals, and/or those new to science, as well as some for the experienced labbies.
(Apparently there will be a specific science day later on, connected with the new 'Working in Science' Handbook).

However, I have asked the coordinator if it's possible to run Data Logger sessions within the main conference, and maybe something on accessing CRO programs from the net.

The information is out in today's InPrincipal - download the workshop program to get full details of each session. There are lots of useful things to choose from, and if there are other things you'd like to have included, there is an opportunity to request them on the registration form.

Happy Reading!
Liz

Life keeps getting better every day!
RosalieM
Job Title: Lab Assistant
Suburb: Tamworth

Re: i TEC 09 - NW NSW

Post by RosalieM »

Bummer it's for DET only...