Servicing Portable Fume cupboards.

MSDSs, Storage, Handling, Transport, Labeling, computer management systems, and anything else to do with safety.
judygee
State/Location: NSW

Servicing Portable Fume cupboards.

Post by judygee »

Dear All - Wondering "who ya gunna call" when it comes to servicing portable fume cupboards. We are located in the central west and really need someone in the local area. Any suggestions? We have a Labworks RFC - 101, relatively new, and the last time it was serviced was by Hercules Plastics (go figure!!) I have lost the card and therefore e-mail and phone numbers, however, if I remember rightly, I think they were from Sydney. Any suggestions. Maybe someone in Orange or Dubbo - only an hour and a half away, practically on our doorstep!! Looking forward to your reply. Cheers. Judy
kimmy
Job Title: School Lab Assistant
School: Quirindi High School
Suburb: Quirindi

Re: Servicing Portable Fume cupboards.

Post by kimmy »

well we have the service men that are hooked up with the dept edu come around about once a year. they look at the cupboards turn them on and turn them off decided that yes they do need a major service and we will organise that and well thats that we dont see them till next year :redcard: . This year we were lucky enough that they even took some photos of them and I did get a new switch to turn them on and off with but they still dont work but yes they will send someone to fix them - no I have seen no one yet. I am lucky enough that I will be getting a new on in the upgrade so at least I will have one working fume cupboard thank god.

How is the loverly Red Bend going that is where i attended school up to 1983 as a day student :rules: it was a great school back then and would still be I imagine. How is Forbes. I still get out that way a bit.

Kimmy.
RosalieM
Job Title: Lab Assistant
Suburb: Tamworth

Post by RosalieM »

Try googling 'Hercules Plastics' and under Company Profile you'll find their address, phone and email. If they've done it before it's probably a fairly safe bet that they know what they're doing and what to look for, and should get it right. Hope this helps you out.
judygee

Post by judygee »

Well Kim, it's a small world. I have been at Red Bend since 1981 so very likely our paths have crossed. I am the longest serving staff member (apart from Jenny Neilsen) she may have been here when you were here but the others are long gone! Not much has changed, glad to hear you enjoyed your time here. Thank you Kim and also Rosalie for your replies, I'll google Hercule and see what happens. Cheers. Judy