Prac Order Forms

This forum is for (a) to help other members source materials, and (b) for topics regarding equipment repairs.
sammy
Job Title: Lab Tech
State/Location: WA

Prac Order Forms

Post by sammy »

Hi everyone hope you all well :thumbup:

I was just wondering if anyone could share their prac order forms with me ??? I am wanting to do up a new one and was looking for some ideas :wink2:

Thanks heaps in advance :clap3:
smeee
Job Title: Lab Technician
School: LaSalle Catholic College
Suburb: Bankstown
State/Location: NSW

Re: Prac Order Forms

Post by smeee »

This is our 2010 model....I am under instruction/orders from the Science co-ordinator that I am not to fill order unless signed by the teacher. :clap3:
Will be interesting to see how long it lasts ! :whistling2:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rowyrow
State/Location: NT

Post by Rowyrow »

This is my electronic order for Teachers are "suppose" to fill it out and email it to me . All our MSDS's are also avaliable online (on our school portal) so they have acess to them where ever they are. I also have a hard copy of the form for the teachers that struggle with technology, I was hoping to make a complete switch this year to electronic ordering but alas change is resisted up here. The below instructions are also given to help them cope with the formatiing of the doc when filling it out

"To use it just fill out the appropriate areas, when indicating what days and lessons you require the items simply italicise or underline the appropriate day and or lesson using the word functions. When filling out the risk assessment simply backspace on the box and replace with an X, the document is formatted so that an X will be displayed in the box. There is also a disclaimer on the end of the form to say that by submitting the completed document you have read all the relevant occupational health and safety materials including MSDS’s."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Phoenix
Job Title: Scientific Operations Officer
School: Roma State College
State/Location: QLD

Post by Phoenix »

This is the form I've been using since I started as a labbie in 2007. I've tweaked it a little bit so teachers could add extra information easier.
I keep a small bundle on both my desks (printed double sided) at the senior and middle campus and I'm trying to get teachers to send me a quick email to let me know when a request in waiting for me at my desk.
Its hard when they leave a request for lesson two on my middle campus desk during lesson one and I'm over at the senior campus working :crazy:
The teachers here are resisting electronic ordering too. at least they all have neat writting this year. Last years Chem teacher had horrific penmanship :cheesy:

Kel
Scientific Request and Risk Assessment Form .doc
noona
Job Title: Lab Tech
School: Greystanes High School
Suburb: Greystanes

Post by noona »

I have attached the one I use and as you can see I have the teachers name on them
lRobertson Carniato.DOC
Noona
Lab Manager
Greystanes High School
Beresford Rd
Greystanes 2145
8868 9113
ROSALIE.CASSAR@det.nsw.edu.au
macca
Job Title: Mind Reader

Post by macca »

We do it different again, I have a teachers diary in the prep. room they simply fill in period section YR. prac./no. I check at 3.30 each day. 8.30 each morning I cross the next days page, once crossed no more pracs can be added.

During our renovations I did a risk assessment for every practical in our text 7-10. These are filed. Before they do the prac. they are to read and sign off on a confirmation sheet, add any other information concerning that class, allegies etc., This has been working really well!!!!!!!!
This year we have a teacher who hasn't been in science for 10 years!!!! and wants to do pracs from text books that haven't been used for 10 years. Although having to do risk assessments from scratch is starting to discourage her. "using potassium permanganate and sulphur in the same prac."
Unit 2.1 Prac. 1. Signs of Chemical Change.doc
ELIZABETH
School: O'Connor Catholic College
Suburb: Armidale

Post by ELIZABETH »

We're using the Risk Assess software from Philip Crisp as both Risk Assessment and order form - and it's working really well.
We have one teacher, however, who still uses the "scrap of paper left on prep room desk" system and he's never gunna change!!!!! so I've given up trying to drag him out of the 70's! If something happens in one of his pracs, well I guess he's on his own.
Liz
jodye
Suburb: central coast

Post by jodye »

Hi,

I too use the Phillip Crisp RA as my prac request. It is easy for the teachers to do as I have the RA's printed out ready for each prac we do, so teacher takes it out of the folder,signs it then gives it to me with a slip of paper indicting when they require the prac. It works well.If more then 1 teacher need the prac, they also sign the RA & add their details of when prac is required.
dime

Post by dime »

Hey Macca that is huge!!!
Did you write all this? And for every prac 7-10!! It is not only huge it's massive!! I am so impressed :clap3: =D>
dolphinscales
Job Title: Laboratory Technican
School: Mandurah Senior College
State/Location: WA

Post by dolphinscales »

i am impressed with the range and differences of them all

thanks for sharing those who have so far.
always interesting to see how others work - self checking as such i think is a good tool. new ideas and new ways of looking at things - that is why this forum is so wonderful and important i belive
macca
Job Title: Mind Reader

Post by macca »

Hey Dime, It was easy, did the big chemical ones first (that took forever) then copied and pasted to a word doc. (marked inserts) then after that just copy and paste to a standard template. After that its really only the method section. The only thing when we go national or they change the text book. :w00t: Long service sounds like a good option. :cheesy:
CC
Job Title: Labbie
School: Goulburn High School
Suburb: Goulburn

Post by CC »

Hi all

I've started a new system this year, I use the calendars on the sentral website. I made a new calender called it 'science orders' and the teachers are happy to use it, they can even access it from home, and they can see if, on the limited equipment, if somebody else is using it so it saves me chasing up.

CC