GHS Pictogram Stickers??

MSDSs, Storage, Handling, Transport, Labeling, computer management systems, and anything else to do with safety.
Ian
Job Title: Lab Assistant
School: Macarthur Anglican School
Suburb: Cobbitty
State/Location: NSW

GHS Pictogram Stickers??

Post by Ian »

Hi All,
It is now past 1st January 2012, and so GHS is officially here!
My problem is that Chemffx mini labels still do not have the proper GHS pictograms printed on them.
Has anybody out there found a supplier of small GHS pictogram stickers, (maybe 20mm x 20mm square or thereabouts)
Thanks
Ian :-)
macca
Job Title: Mind Reader

Re: GHS Pictogram Stickers??

Post by macca »

Don't remind us all, lol :crazy: I haven't even thought about it, let alone the powers that be.

However I did find this last year its great, download, print to any size you want. "save cut and paste"

http://www.unece.org/trans/danger/publi ... grams.html

Hope that helps :coffee:
sunray18

Post by sunray18 »

I was in contact with Chemwatch before Christmas complaining about this - as the LARGE labels have the pictograms on them so I couldn't understand why they hadn't done it for the small labels. No success it seems. Perhaps we all need to contact them and prove, by the volume of complaints, that schools are a force to be reckoned with!
I spent some time before the end of the year doing some cutting and pasting..
I noted down what pictograms were on the LARGE labels.
I downloaded the small labels into a Word document [and yes I know it is fiddly because you need to re-format, but I did it] then I found on internet the correct pictograms in small size, and cut and pasted them onto the small labels, removing the old pictograms..
I thought that would suffice until Chemwatch gets its act together
Ian

Post by Ian »

Thanks Sunray.
I have the pictograms, but how do I get the mini labels into MS Word so that I can edit them? Can you print straight from ChemFFX or did you make the new labels up from scratch, just using the ChemFFX ones as a visual guide?

I am using a Mac, if that makes a difference. My "Print" options will allow me to print to a PDF file, but a MS Word file is not an option.

Cheers
Ian :-?
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

if you can print PDF file you can manipulate labels. You need to have Adobe Acrobat PRO and with that can change whatever you want, change molarity, add dot, pictogram etc.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cheers Jazz
Ian

Post by Ian »

Your labels look good, Jazz. I will check out Acrobat Pro.
Ian
noona
Job Title: Lab Tech
School: Greystanes High School
Suburb: Greystanes

Post by noona »

Thanks macca
I have down loaded them but as always we have had no word from DEC as to the new system :redcard:
I think it will be the same a CSIS 5 years down the track lol
Noona
Lab Manager
Greystanes High School
Beresford Rd
Greystanes 2145
8868 9113
ROSALIE.CASSAR@det.nsw.edu.au
macca
Job Title: Mind Reader

Post by macca »

Hi Guys, To start or stop and wait. :cheesy:

I need some help, I want to start replacing labels as I renew chemicals :crazy: I'm using Chemwatch DVD 2011/4 this years hasn't arrived yet. Custom label/GHS with some added extras of my own. Is there anything else I need to add?

Have a great week everyone.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MariaC
School: Central Coast Grammar School
Suburb: Erina Heights

GHS Pictogram Stickers

Post by MariaC »

:rolleyes: Hi Guys, has anyone been able to source the GHS Pictogram Stickers for the chemical bottles, I have run out of oxidizer, MDG etc and am not keen to buy the old ones if the newies will be out soon. Any feedback?

MariaC
Kathryn
Job Title: Lab Technician
School: Cedars Christian College
Suburb: Farmborough Hts, Wollongong

Post by Kathryn »

I have just made my first ever set of GHS labels for dropper bottles but have decided I am rather unhappy with them. I have used the Chemfx template manipulating it so it would actually fit onto our labels. But I am unhappy with how small the actual name of the chemical is and also how much room the GHS/HSNO codes take up - something which is completely meaningless to most people, and yet the label does not have first aid procedures which iIwould think was essential. Mind reader - your labels look really good but they must've taken you a long time to do? I think I might wait a bit longer to see if Chemfx improves their labels before doing anymore.

Kathryn