Hi All,

Any ideas of a repairer for a CRO??

Thanks Lorrae
bindi
State/Location: NSW

Post by bindi »

I know this is obvious!
But you never know!

Have you check your microphone? ours had a BATTERY mic which went flat, once that was replaced it worked.
rae
School: Oxley College
Suburb: Burradoo

CRO

Post by rae »

Thanks for the tip. I'll look into it
We are also using it with a wave lab, one day we had signal and the next day nothing!! The frustration!! I'm not very good at physics stuff so it adds to the challenge!!

Lorrae :cry:
Friend
State/Location: NT

Post by Friend »

Hi rae,
I had trouble with my CRO last year found out it has a fuse and that was all that needed to be replaced.
Hope yours is that simple.
hel

Post by hel »

We use a wonderful fellow in Sydney who comes to the lab to do repairs on physics equipment. His name is J Reed ph: 02 99182911. I am sure he could help you but if not, direct you to someone who could.

Cheers
rae
School: Oxley College
Suburb: Burradoo

CRO

Post by rae »

Hi All

Thanks for your replies. I spoke to Eddie Bishop re the CRO (not the Crow HA HA). We seem to have ironed out the problem. Just incorrect settings on all the dials and knobs, along with me being totally inexperienced. Seems to be working really well now. The physics teachers was HAPPY!! YAY!!

Lorrae
Labbie
Job Title: Retired
Suburb: At Home

Post by Labbie »

Hi , Please try Eddie Bishop for all repairs ex Science teacher, he is at Appin mobile number is 04 29 304 492 , or 46 31 10 56.

Regards
Regards Labbie

Lab Manager/Lab Tech, mind reading etc etc
Now retired :wub:
Mojo
State/Location: NT

Post by Mojo »

When connecting the CRO (cathode ray oscilloscope) the connecter that runs from the CRO is coaxial so the Earth wire runs in the middle (usually black) and the positve wire runs on the outside (red) and thats why is has two connections on the other end. One which usually is a probe that gets clipped (to positive wire) in order for it to be hooked up to the signal generator or microphone amp connections.

And on the right hand side of the CRO is a sectioned off area not needed. While the section in the middle containing all the dials is for your inputs and they are used to control the signal hieght (voltage) and buttons that are for selecting your inputs.

On the left is the screen that displays ur Signal :lol:
slatty

Re: Cathode Ray Oscilloscope

Post by slatty »

Hi All

I've contacted Eddie about my oscilloscope but because I'm too far from him he couldn't show me it.

I've got an instruction booklet but it could be written in chinese for all I understand. I know they are easy to operate but i need help (miracle).

does anyone know a web site for dummies on how to use one.

Thanks
Sue
Ian
Job Title: Lab Assistant
School: Macarthur Anglican School
Suburb: Cobbitty

Post by Ian »

We have this wonderful little computer program called "Wave Window" which effectively turns your computer into a CRO using the internal computer microphone. We don't get the real CRO off the shelf very much any more. The whole class can see what is happening via the Data Projector so there is no more huddling 30 people around a 6 inch screen!

Regards
Ian
slatty

Post by slatty »

thanks so much for the advice.
franco
Job Title: Lab Technician
School: Tuart College
Suburb: Tuart Hill
State/Location: WA

Post by franco »

Hi Ian
I'd really appreciate it if you could post details for obtaining "Wave Window" please.
Sounds like a great alternative to lifting heavy CRO's off the shelves.
Cheers
Fran
Ian
Job Title: Lab Assistant
School: Macarthur Anglican School
Suburb: Cobbitty

Post by Ian »

Hi Fran,
We run Mac's at our school and Wave Window works on them. I don't know if there is a PC version, but there is very little available in Mac land that does not eventually turn up in PC land sooner or later. If I type the web address in it will be automatically filtered out by the ChemTalk system, but if you type "Laidman and Katsura" into Google, it will take you to their web site. They have a lot of music type programs for tuning instruments, etc, but if you scroll down their page, you will find "Wave Window". If you do not pay the US$12 shareware fee, you get an annoying little window pop up about every 2 minutes, asking if you are ready to register your copy yet. Other than that, it is a very useful program (and $12 is cheeper than an Oscilloscope!)
I hope this helps

Regards
Ian :D
franco
Job Title: Lab Technician
School: Tuart College
Suburb: Tuart Hill
State/Location: WA

Post by franco »

Hi Ian,
Thanks very much for the information. Will pass on to the relevant guys.
Regards,
Fran