Delivery Tubes

A general discussion and Q & A forum.
joh
State/Location: NSW

Delivery Tubes

Post by joh »

Hi everyone,

Can anyone tell me if you can buy delivery tubes? I've searched my catalogues but I can't find any. I'm too busy to make my own. [-o<
ri
State/Location: NSW

Re: Delivery Tubes

Post by ri »

Hi Joh,
I can't say I've ever seen delivery tubes for sale. I guess they cannot mass produce them as the size of the holes in the stoppers can vary.
A couple of ideas may help -
*standardising the diameter of the glass tubing you order to the standard holes in the rubber/cork stoppers (I know you can buy these);
*set a time aside to bend the tubing into right angle tubes and U tubes to fit the stopper hole size you decide on;
*an activity for students in a prac class can be to practise glass tube bending. We had a teacher who loved to encourage this skill in students and we technicians ended up with quite a bit we can use.
*Us technicians are always carefully interchanging delivery tubing into different stoppers for certain experiments. Wetting the tubing with a weak detergent solution can help these slide in. Use safety gloves.
*We have boxes dedicated to right angled, U tube shaped and straight polished tubing in stoppers ready for altering or immediate use.
Good Luck!