Chemical register

MSDSs, Storage, Handling, Transport, Labeling, computer management systems, and anything else to do with safety.
cheltie
State/Location: NSW

Chemical register

Post by cheltie »

We have recently been audited and despite having the chemical register up to date for the science chemicals we failed the audit because we did not have the liquid paper, detergent, white board cleaner etc listed.
I was using the register at the back of the CSIS book. Where do I list items such as these on the register?
Can any one help?

Thanks Helen
Robb

Chemical Register

Post by Robb »

Hi Helen,

Most Schools intend to oversee the detergents and other minor substances when completing Chem Inventories.

I can certainly lead you in the right direction.

CSIS folder No.2, Appendix I, Page 29. This contains the beginning of the Non Dangerous Goods list. Just write your problem products in the upcoming pages I give you under the last printed entry on each page This way the substances are on the page consistent with being in Alphabetical Order.

Detergent, Appendix I, page 33

Liquid Paper: Appendix I, Page 36

White Board Cleaner: Appendix I, Page 44.

Entering the data this way ensures that the substances are in reasonable order and can be easily retrieved when necessary.

I hope this has clarified a lot for you.
Last edited by Robb on 04 Jul 2006, 21:59, edited 2 times in total.
Dr Robert Crosdale. MRACI. NSS. NSSA. NASA.
Ph.D (Chem), Post Grad Ph.D (Physics), M.Ed, B.Sc (Hons), Dip. Appl. Sc. (Chem)
Lake Munmorah High School.
University of New England.
University of New South Wales.
University of Newcastle.

To understand the Universe from our perspective, we need to look towards our own backyard first for answers.

** AD ASTRA PER ASPERA - SEMPER EXPLORO **
cheltie

Post by cheltie »

Dear Robert,
Thanks for that info. I thought I would have to list them somehow under the chemicals contained in each - so that makes it much easier.
Thanks again for your help.

Helen