Welcome back

General announcements, eg upcoming science meetings, national lab tech seminars, Chemtalk announcements, etc.
Labbie
Job Title: Retired
Suburb: At Home
State/Location: NSW

Welcome back

Post by Labbie »

Morning every one welcome back to you all, hope you all had a great break. Are you all ready for the maddness of term 2????????????
Regards Labbie

Lab Manager/Lab Tech, mind reading etc etc
Now retired :wub:
littltesttube

Re: Welcome back

Post by littltesttube »

Off and running!!!!! :D
superbug

Post by superbug »

Always ready Labbie!!!!
Narelle01

Post by Narelle01 »

back and swimming ;)
not in a Dory "just keep swimming" way, swimming because it hasn't stopped raining for 30 hours!

Have a great, safe term 2 everyone!
only 9 weeks 4 days til holidays!!!
Labbie

Post by Labbie »

Has any one had any damage from the Storm's?????????????????

Just hope you all are well and DRY :clap3: :coffee: :w00t: :cheesy:
Regards Labbie

Merilyn1
Job Title: Labbie
School: Wollondilly Anglican College
Suburb: Tahmoor

Post by Merilyn1 »

All was going well here. So pleased that the heavy rain came when I was back at work, not whilst I was camping! So was in a fairly good mood travelling to work on Tuesday until... Slowed down for an orange light, came to a stop (by then it was red) when - BANG! Someone behind me really wasn't paying attention and certainly not driving to the conditions. NOT HAPPY! Car needs repairs and my neck needs a physio :-(

Wasted so much time Tuesday, trying to get onto a very busy insurance company to find out what I needed to do. Insurance company were really helpful when I did get through and it seems that everything will be resolved fairly easily but it is still an inconvenience not to mention just how my neck will fair over the next few months. I guess things could have been much worse! I am still walking around and my car is still drivable (but hope that no one else runs into it as it is probably "compromised").

So great holiday, felt like I had been off a lot longer than two weeks. This week, not so good.
Labbie

Post by Labbie »

SO sorry Merilyn to read about your accident, there are always silly people around, but as you say "I am still walking around"
Regards Labbie

remlap12

Post by remlap12 »

Wow , sorry to hear about your accident, Merilyn. Hope you're o.k. Today is our first day with power back on in the school, (Lake Macquarie). Yesterday I worked with the G.A., the cleaners and one other SASS person, dragging tree branches and cleaning up the grounds. We're lucky here, all the trees that came down, fell in the right direction, so no damage to any buildings. Funny, none of the teachers or office staff helped out in the clean up, not surprised do I hear you say!!!!! So I hope everyone else is fairing well after the deluge, with not too much damage!
Cheers, Helen.
Regards
remlap12
science support and problem solver :mail:
Merilyn1
School: Wollondilly Anglican College
Suburb: Tahmoor

Post by Merilyn1 »

Wouldn't the office staff have been too busy? :giggle: Especially if there was no power and their computers weren't working! Good thing that there was no damage to buildings.

I'm doing okay - off to physio again this afternoon, it is helping but it is a nuisance when I have others things I could be doing! I woke up yesterday with some aches and pains which I think are just bruising. My car will need a new rear bumper (essentially the back section of the car though), the repairer didn't seem to think there was anymore damage than that. If I need it, my insurer will organise a hire car so I won't be too inconvenienced. Things could have been far worse. When you see the destruction and loss of life around Dungog, I have nothing to complain about.
Narelle01

Post by Narelle01 »

Glad you're OK Merilyn xxx

I took last Wednesday off due to the weather, my car was in ankle / shin deep water on my drive way, and I was fearful of an accident, so we stayed home.
The hail storm was a surprise on the weekend though, we got covered, but thankfully no damage. Dropped the temp pretty quick.
Cleaned out the garage where we had water through, thankful it was just water and not mud too.
Now on with the week!
sunray18

Post by sunray18 »

Hi all .. I am finally back!
I went to the USA in the holiday sot visit my son and his family but managed to get the USA strain of influenza... was sick as!!
They don't have Panadol over there!
Thought I was on the mend enough to fly home, but one of the connecting planes had air conditioning issues, as in it was only working on full heat for half the time in the plane, and by the time I arrived in Sydney I was back with full- blown flu..
Been off work past two weeks with it...
Take care, get the shots .... it is nasty!
Labbie

Post by Labbie »

Take care sunray, and rest up all you can.
Regards Labbie

lizzieb

Post by lizzieb »

Poor you, Sunray. Sounds awful!

Hope you're feeling tip top again soon :console:
Liz

Life keeps getting better every day!