Test Tube Quality

A general discussion and Q & A forum.
labman
State/Location: SA

Re: Test Tube Quality

Post by labman »

If Brian needs a holiday, send him over here!! That front office game sounds like a lot of fun. Besides, is that woman mad!!! Who could resist a face like that!!!
Cheers,
Lisa
Slartibartfast
State/Location: QLD

Post by Slartibartfast »

Yes he's lovely. I get on really well with him. He was given to us by the Manson school for wild children after a long career in racing and was used as our school mascot until an unfortunant incident/accident with another school's mascot (a silky chicken). Maybe he does need a holiday. I'll ask him.
Richard Hollinworth
Disease diagnosis and extension services
DPI&F
Biosecurity Sciences Laboratory
RosalieM
Job Title: Lab Assistant
Suburb: Tamworth
State/Location: NSW

Post by RosalieM »

Thanks for the laughs people!
:D
souj
State/Location: WA

Post by souj »

I think Brian is very handsome! :cheesy:
Slartibartfast

Post by Slartibartfast »

He is isn't he and he's had no work done either! Some say he could be the next Bond.
Richard Hollinworth
DPI&F
Mother
Job Title: Science lab. technician
School: Dubbo College/Senior Campus
Suburb: Dubbo

Post by Mother »

Hi there Richard and all who posted replies.
The last two days I have been reading your inputs and I have to say,I enjoyed the comments very much,most uplifting. Brian is a very fine specimen!!!!!! Looks like he has attitude!!!!
Thanks
Mother
Slartibartfast

Post by Slartibartfast »

Yes, well the upshot of all this is a certain person in the office (for reasons best known to themselves) has been removed from placing orders on behalf of the school. They allowed their personal feelings to get in the way of how they performed and that's not on. I made light of the situation, but in truth it annoyed the life out of me, especially when there is a problem with the ordered items as there was in this case. I try and be fair with my staff here, some I don't really see eye to eye with but I they would never know that, their not treated any differently. Brian on the other hand is openly disliked by students and staff but I think that's what endears me to him. I found out yesterday walking to the Fish farm across the ovals that even the nesting plovers leave you alone if you have a certain goat with you!
Richard Hollinworth
DPI&F
estelle
Job Title: VIP
School: Wollumbin High
Suburb: Murwillumbah

Post by estelle »

Hi Richard,
Maybe you could give the Office lady a broom and tell her to use it if she ever has car troubles!

I had trouble with QStores with glass tubing, nicely wrapped in cardboad in about lengths of 1.8m or at least it was probably that length when it left Sydney. I had two attempts at getting delivery and gave up in the end they both turned up in the same condition. I couldn't even cut the tubing into decent lengths, I found the glass was really brittle as well. QStores at least didn't want it back after I told them it was too dangerous. I don't think they even had a fragile sticker on it to warn the couriers. I haven't found an alternative supplier as yet.

I was shattered :)
estelle
labman
State/Location: SA

Post by labman »

Richard,
I was pleased to read that outcome. I treat my co-workers the same as you, and it is not fair when others do not act in a professional manner, simply because they do not like you. Good for you, and my regards to Brian. I think he should become the Chemtalk mascot!!!
Cheers,
Lisa
Slartibartfast

Post by Slartibartfast »

Ha! Not a bad idea. I'll see if he fits into one of my labcoats and I'll get a picture quickly of him before he starts to eat it!
Richard Hollinworth
DPI&F