face shields

MSDSs, Storage, Handling, Transport, Labeling, computer management systems, and anything else to do with safety.
souj
State/Location: WA

face shields

Post by souj »

Hi all,
We are looking to purchase some new face shields preferably with some sort of filtration system but I am having difficulty finding a supplier . Some sell straight respirators, others just goggles or glasses. Does anyone know where I might be able to find a combination of both or am I better just to order a respirator and goggles separately? What do you use? :?: :?:
Marjan
State/Location: NSW

Post by Marjan »

check Seton website. They provide a broad range of safety items including face shields.
Good luck
Marjan

//edited to remove commercial weblink.
macca
Job Title: Mind Reader

Re: face shields

Post by macca »

Hi Everyone,

I realise this thread is very old wondering what everyone does in the event of a spill.

I dropped a jar of Meruric Iodide this morning that went everywhere. Cleaned up with safety glasses, apron, gloves but all I had was a blue covid mask.
I cleaned up and put into a new storage container for waste pick up, mopped up remaining residue with soapy water and disposed. The fine powder was everywhere. What type of mask do you use for chemical spills?
Marama T
Job Title: Laboratory technician
School: College

Post by Marama T »

Jeez macca. Fatal if inhaled, according to SDS. You should definitely have had a breathing mask with a filter on it, not a 50 cent COVID mask. I'm going to look into this too. Will let you know how I go. My school doesn't have mercuric oxide and I'm very glad.
SDS says re respirator: Type -P Filter of sufficient capacity. (AS/NZS 1716 & 1715, EN 143:2000 & 149:2001, ANSI Z88 or national equivalent)
whatever that all means.
Anna Z
Job Title: Lab Manager
School: DET Secondary School
State/Location: VIC

Post by Anna Z »

Oh my, what a disaster, glad it is going from your site. We also don't have it here.

I have one of these with the appropriate filter for the nasties' I have onsite here. I can't remember the code off hand but I have a fine particulate canister and an acids or organics canister attached. You can mix and match the filtration canisters to suit your hazards.